1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Feb Hotel Prices UP?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Jimbo338, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked for my 20th trip in February . As per usual, I watch for Southwest to extend their reservation system in August or early September. I found over the years that they are a bit high when first offered. Years ago, they used to have some great internet specials that were systemwide. Now Ding sales are seldom and usually only feature a few destinations, and almost never any going to LV. Sometimes the 48 hours specials or Ding specials are even more expensive! I have been able to book around $300 from the East Coast roundtrip, sometimes less. I attend a trade show and usually spend 8-10 days so I have some time as well as the business end and have some flexibility with regard to days to fly. I like to take a 6am flight out which gives me a full day to settle in, nap if necessary, and take a quick tour through town. Then I take an afternoon flight home which allows me to sleep in, have a good breakfast, time to pack, check out and head for the airport. The rest of the day is all on the plane. When SWA opened in Boston at Logan, we lost several flights and our one non-stop flight. Driving or taking a bus to Boston is tedious and inconvenient, though I always consider it in my list of options.

This year I am flying in on an evening flight for a cheap fare, and returning on a Tuesday mid morning flight for convenience. I will bus from the airport to parking at the bus terminal to save about $100 in parking fees as well as an airfare of $258.00 I still check flights. I doubt that I will find anything cheaper but might find better times. What has baffled me this year is an increase in hotel prices over what I have paid for the last several years. Perhaps the economy has improved. Last year I booked in September and it was $252.50 for 8 nights at the Gold Spike with tax and resort fees included! In may I paid $22/night for a Tower room at the El Cortez. I have even paid less for the last week of February when NASCAR races were on. I have been checking Kayak.com, Bookings.com, EasyClickTravel.com, i4vegas.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and several others people have mentioned here (I take notes all year). Prices were cheapest just after they extended their bookings after I purchased my airfare. Finally, I got a deal from Travelocity with a 10% promo code which got me a Tower room at EC for 8 nights at $359, higher than pass years but reasonable. A week later they offered a 15% promo and I called and they wouldn't credit me the difference. I cancelled my reservation and rebooked the next day and am staying for $339., not great but better. Only problem was I had to pay for the entire stay again before the original payment was debited to my account.

I considered a Vintage Room which is more than adequate for a solo but I enjoy the extra room, the window that opens, the desk for my laptop, the safe and extra comfort of the loveseat that the Tower Room provides. I have stayed at both and was comfortable and satisfied. In one of the brokers they mentioned that the tower rooms were recently updated. Has anyone noticed? I stayed on the 7th floor last year and thought it was a bit worn. I continue to watch prices and have noticed throughout the years that the room prices tend to vary considerably over the months before heading to LV. Of course, unlike airlines, there is a lot more competition. I love LV, it's fun even before you get there!

Jimbo338

2. Vegasman

Vegasman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For one there is the Superbowl or should I call it the "Big Game". There are also some large conventions such as 2/18 - 2/20 MAGIC Marketplace. Some 80000 are expected. Also there is another large one 2/4 - 2/6 International Builders Show Las Vegas Convention Center 45,000. There are others but these are the biggies.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    December rates are not as low as I have seen it in the past.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on what hotel you're looking at, and when you look.

When I'm planning a trip (which is always), I pick two or three hotels, and then I check their web sites, MLife and TR, and Smarter Vegas every day except Sundays and Mondays.

I'm still seeing some great deals, although I will say that I think the floor has come up a little this year. And I think you guys are mostly looking Downtown while I'm looking at the Strip, but still...

V/P was still throwing out rooms for $109 in Nov-Dec.

The offers I get in my CET account are usually no big deal, but I had one for January for 5 free nights at Ceasars plus $200 freeplay plus a $150 SW gift card. That's far and away the best offer I've ever had from CET, and my play hasn't changed any.

Aria had a ridiculous publicly available deal - free view upgrade plus $50/day resort credit for up to 5 nights. They had Corner Suites for $188 for a string of nights in mid-Jan. So when you add in the view upgrade and the $50/day resort credit, you're getting a Corner Suite City View for $138 a night.

5. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I' looking in March Jimbo and downtown is as expensive as I've seen for years..

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are looking for the 1st weekend ( Super bowl) prices are dropping everyday for the past couple of week i have now canceled /rebooked 4 times lol

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas man,
    My 7 nights downtown will be 2-25-14 til 3-4-14. I am booked at EC, and have booked twice for a better rate. It is not bad, but much more than the last 3-5 trips at the same time, even NASCAR weeks!

Jimbo338

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've got me beat but I'm still checking constantly!

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.