1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Feb 26-March 1

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mdlee3_46041, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This isn't really a trip report, but just some notes and observations about my trip. This was a solo trip for me, but I did meet up with a couple friends during my trip, one from Boston and one from Chicago.

All 4 of my flights this week were great. My flights out both left and arrived on-time or a little early so that was a bonus. I drank a lot of beer at LAX and met a nice newlywed couple that were delayed for their honeymoon trip. On the flights back home, my flight from LAS-LAX was delayed slightly for crew rest, but we still arrived before our scheduled arrival time. I was worried with the potential in Indianapolis that my flight home would be delayed also, especially since a couple flights to ATL were significantly delayed, but we departed on time and arrived almost 45 minutes early.

I only took 2 taxis the entire trip, one from airport to hotel and the other from hotel to airport. Neither one long-hauled me. The woman that picked me up at the airport even asked me if I had a preferred route. I don't care so much about route as long as it's direct so I told her no tunnel and she said ok. The fare was $17.10 after the airport tax, but we were also delayed slightly at a light because the car right in front of us wouldn't move. The trip back to the airport cost $13.70. I think I gave the first driver $22 and I know I gave the 2nd driver $20.

On Wednesday, when I arrived, it seemed like Vegas was busier than I'd seen it in my last few trips. I know that the buses were packed and even when walking, it seems like I had to fight the crowds a bit more than usual. On top of that, I had to look a little harder for open machines that I like.

When checking in at Harrah's, I walked in and there was a line about 10 people deep. As soon as I got in line, a man in a suit approached me with a clipboard. At first I thought he was a timeshare person, but then I remembered they only approach couples. Then I saw this man had a Harrah's nametag on. He asked my name and when I told him, he told me I was welcome to use the diamond check-in if I didn't want to wait in line. I gladly accepted. I found it odd though because I'm just a lowly gold member. I've also stayed here on comps before and had to wait in the normal line. Anyway, thanks to the diamond check-in, I was checked in and in my room within about 10 minutes.

In terms of gambling, I only had a couple moments of luck, hitting for $93 at Wynn on Thursday morning and then on Friday afternoon, I hit $68 at Harrah's. I really needed the win at Harrah's because this trip I had a smaller budget than I usually have so that gave me a little extra to play with that day. Other people, such as my friend from Boston, had a lot of luck on the machines. I didn't have much luck, but I did get quite a bit of play for my money, which if you're going to lose, it's better to get some play at least.

I only remember eating 4 meals in my 3 days there. I ate at the Yard House on Wednesday, the Wynn Buffer for breakfast on Thursday, Earl of Sandwich on Thursday night, and then I stopped by Del Taco on Friday afternoon. There was nothing remarkable about any of them except I ate like 6 plates of food at the Wynn and couldn't get enough bacon there. Usually at buffets, I limit myself to 3 plates, a plate of stuff like meat and potatoes, a plate of fruit, and a dessert of some sort. This time I had a bunch of everything and 2 desserts.

The weather on Wednesday and most of Thursday was gorgeous. On Friday, it rained a good portion of the day. I even had to walk down the side of the road because I couldn't get to the sidewalk down towards NYNY because it was flooded.

Well those are my observations about my recent trip. I'll be returning to Vegas June 21-29 so if any of you are going to be there, hope to run into you out there.

2. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever "The Welfare Queen of Windsor"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all my trips I think I have only seen rain once in vegas. How strange it must have been to see it flooded.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was mainly flooded there in front of NYNY where the construction is going on up to about CVS. There I was able to get back on the sidewalk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.