1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Favorite/disliked SB commercials

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by makikiboy, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, we talked about KP and the halftime show, how about the commercials this year?

To me the biggest disappointment was the goDaddy commercial. Not the one shown during the SB but the other one previewed before, of the dog that got lost, only to come back home and then shipped off because he was sold. The person who thought up that commercial should be fired, I don't see how anyone would look positively at an ad of a found dog that gets sold.

As some sites mentioned, I also didn't like the insurance commercial with the "dead" kid. This is the super bowl, lots of festivities, only to watch that "downer" of a commercial IMHO.

But then others were boring also, hated the continuous commercials trying to get people to watch the Blacklist show, moreso I didn't want to watch that show. The "push it" Geico ad was also boring as it has been around awhile, they should have come up with a new commercial for all the money they spent on it during the SB. The rabbit and the hare Mercedes commercials didn't impress me either.

I did like the snickers ad with trejo, although it seemed a little out there (too intense IMHO). The Liam Nesson commercial was a riot, esp if you watched his last few Taken movies. I still liked the Budweiser lost dog commercial and the breaking bad commercial was fun (though confusing to some).

What do you guys think? I would rate this year's commercials as so-so compared to other years.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't pay super close attention to the commercials, but the ones I noticed, I wasn't impressed. Liam's was one of the better ones.

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Laughed my ass off at the Walter White, Breaking Bad one. Bryan Cranston is da man.

4. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pete Rose, in his Hall-way, was awesome and made him a very likable guy.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't see that one yesterday.

but while I also like that one, that commercial isn't new. they've been playing that one for many months.

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

My favorite part of the Liam Neeson one was the username of his sworn enemy in that game - BigBuffetBoy85. I just started cracking up picturing some dude giving himself that name all proudly and shit. I want to make that my username on this site.

A few others I remember liking were Mophie, the BMW one with Katie Couric, Walter White, the Doritos one on the airplane (especially because the dude decides he's still down to hook up with that girl despite her having a baby, lol).

7. PayTriple

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't watch much commercial TV, so glad they ran it yesterday. It cracked me up!

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. PayTriple

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also like the Skittles "Settle It the Usual Way" with big right armed muscles commercial.
    But this mini-spoof is much funnier!
    http://i.imgur.com/SXP5nfQ.gifv

10. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Fiat commercial was definitely my favorite!

40th Birthday Bash!
  11. PayTriple

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was pretty good!

12. bluesdude

bluesdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The snickers commercial was hilarious! I also liked Lindsey Lohan making fun of herself. And did you notice at the beginning of the game just before kickoff, was it Lynch or Sherman taking a handful of Skittles and eating them? Talk about free advertising...

13. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cat's Cradle in a commercial is cheating, esp on a night where I am snowed in and cannot watch the game with my ill father....

Also dead kid's thanks Nationwide.

I liked the Fiat commercial and the Rose one, I never seen that one. Lots of Meh though last night.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was another thing I noticed about this SB, at least 20% of those commercials I had already saw, including the Pete Rose one (which was good). This was an underwhelming year for commercials overall. It sorta sucked if you like funny commercials like I do.

15. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually just watch the AB/In Bev Commercials on Monday (I don't watch the game). They usually have a few good ones, but I only liked this one (cues The Proclaimers):

[youtube]xAsjRRMMg_Q[/youtube]

I've seen the Pete Rose one before. I remember him with his girlfriend or wife (also in the commercial) betting the horses in Caesars sports book when he signed in the mall there.

16. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorites?
    Walter White (esurance)
    Lohan (esurance)
    Trejo/Brady's (snickers)
    Guy on the plane protecting his center-seat (Doritos)...who among us has NOT been there before? :beer:

Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23
  17. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked those on your list too... I'll also add the one with Mark Wahlberg and that teddy bear climbing into Tom Brady's bedroom.

18. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Did i see Lindsay Lohan driving erratically ?
    I MUTE ALL COMMERCIALS !....Stupor Bowl or not !

19. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Katie Couric and Bryant Gumbel ad in which they are stumped in 1994 by an E-mail address, and have no clue what the Internet is.
    But, The Internet was coming into general use by 1991, and in the 1980's there was usage of BBS and Usenet. Even the Commodore64 had an online service.

20. joaks

joaks Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the Loctite commercial was just plain awesome. Loctite glue saved our marriage!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.