1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Favorite Airport

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by blackjacknut, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love traveling and curious as to what you favorite airport is that you have flown through, out of or to.

2. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Atlantic City

The airport itself,not Spirit Air. Close to home ,small, lots of parking . #2 would be Newark . I'm just counting places near me that I've flown out of a lot, not some place like say Savannah that I flew in and out of once. Philly,jurys still out on that one.

3. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest International Airport in Ft. Myers Florida. Easy to get to. Parking is close and the facility is clean. Baggage claim is a short walk from the gates and to parking. Just wish their was a direct flight to Las Vegas.

Aw234

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been through my share of airports and am flat partial to my home airport... Reno/Tahoe. Just big enough to have most of the major choices, yet small enough to get in and out of quickly. I also like Portland's a lot as well. Hate Denver, but then I have a hard-on in general for the whole town and their football team anyways, so am sure that effects my objectivity.

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Changi in Singapore by far, I've flown into/out of it probably a hundred times and always loved being there. Then Narita in Tokyo or Hong Kong International after that.

What was said the other day is right, you go from an airport out there to an airport over here and it feels like the US is a third world country.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  6. lollyb

lollyb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto Changi, T3 is simply beautiful. Only airport I purposely schedule longer layovers in. Can't wait to see T4.

7. lithium78

lithium78 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kahului Airport on Maui. It's a really pleasant small airport with beautiful Hawaiian decor and fast and friendly service. I've always had a really easy time travelling through that airport.

8. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kinda like the Minneapolis airport. Spacious, comfy seats everywhere, and lots of snacking options when you are stuck there for a while

9. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!

Leaving from RIC...
    Arriving at LAS......

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
    Hey Now! 6 days in Biloxi....plus early Mardi Gras Parades!!!
  10. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Manchester ,nh

small, quiet, rarely shuts down - they do a better job than boston of keeping the runway clear. easy parking and drop off.

Madison, WI was pretty good.

worst - LAX...

11. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great question.

Orlando and Nashville. Orlando has fake palms trees, pretty blue/green carpeting and the ceilings downstairs are shaped like ocean waves. It just puts me in a good mood. Nashville is just a class act. Sophisticated, clean, just makes me feel cozy.

Least favorites: Chicago, Reagan (Washington DC), and Newark.

Chicago-just feels filthy and obnoxious and the walk from terminal to terminal is unbelievable.
    Reagan-the most inconvenient and ugliest airport...it should be ashamed to be in the capital. You have to travel through sections with no air-conditioning during the summer and each section looks completely disconnected from the other in function, aesthetic, etc.
    Newark-Bad service. just plain bad service. Disorganized.

12. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait to go to Asia.

13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Fave fave? My new home airport of Santa Barbara. Gorgeous facility, NO lines, long-term parking is steps away.

Kona is just flat cute.

Sea-Tac is pretty awesome for food and services.

Vancouver, BC, with the built-in Fairmont, is cool.

Thrills? Wellington when the Roaring 40s are roaring.

14. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sentiments exactly Aw!! I live about 25 minutes away in Estero.
    I was told by some gate agents of USair years ago that a non-stop was in the works to LAS but it never came about.

It just nice being so close to home after you're beat-up from the trip and flying all day..

15. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a good question and I can't really think of an answer other than Vegas. I fly through a lot of airports and none are particularly interesting so navigating them is what makes them memorable. I recently found Seattle well laid out. In general, US airports are much larger than European ones but much more sensibly oriented and efficient to move through.

16. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am lucky enough to have 4 airports to choose from when leaving from here. MHT is our favorite <3 then comes BDL, PVD then the one we avoid is BOS. They are all 1 hr 15 to 1 hr 45 from my door. Our favorites are directly related to smallest, cheapest to park, easiest traffic. Now that the dh drops me at the curb instead of hiking from the parking garage....I can drop the bags at the skycap and be at security in less than 5 minutes...MHT only has 15 gates and normal would be 1-3 flights per hour taking off...If SW would give MHT their nonstop to LAS back we would never use any other airport...but they took it away :(.

17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My faves have to be OMA and LNK, my current home airports. OMA is where I usually fly out of and security and bag claim are usually prompt.

LNK is very small for a jetport but quick and convenient.

Now if they would only do something about the nasty lines at Southwest and Untied in the morning!

MDW is probably my favorite out of the area. Usually it's low key and low hassle.

LAS is my favorite destination but the airport can be a hassle! :(

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  18. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Orlando. Free wi-fi. I also like that there are shops and restaurants available before going through security.

19. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas when I am arriving. :wink2:

20. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorites are:

Akron/Canton: Small regional easy in easy out. Only draw back is that your flying small regional aircraft (CR7, CR9) usually. However Delta has MD80's, Southwest has 737's now out of CAK and AirTran still has their 717's. Good thing is if you fly Delta although you are on a CR7 or CR9 you will usually connect through DTW and CAK to DTW is 13 minutes.

Cleveland: For a bigger airport CLE is still pretty easy to get into and out of. It will be interesting to see how CLE changes now with United cutting 60% of it's flights (mostly regional flights)

McCarran: I think this is one of my favs not so much for the airport itself but rather the whole Las Vegas experience. Although I have not had too many issues with this airport.

Baltimore BWI: BWI is one of my favorite airports because of the dining options and for as much traffic that is in this airport I have never had issues. Plus the setup of the airport is great, huge windows and my favorite bar is at the end of Terminal A called the A-bar...you can sit and have a drink and watch plans land and take off. Plus you can get somewhat good seafood in the terminal.

Geneva, Switzerland: Love this airport...small very easy to get in and out of...great dining options and the view flying into this airport is incredible. Will see this airport again in April, can't wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.