1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

FanDuel (NFL)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by tipdrill, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tipdrill

tipdrill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone try out Fanduel.com? I just signed up last night and was wondering if anyone was willing to share experiences? I think the best bet is the 50/50 entries.

2. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it in the past. I now play on draftkings, as they have PGA contests, and I absolutely clean house on those.

You really have to avoid the big tourneys. The top payouts are tempting, but it's tough to cash, and until you get to the top 5 or so, the payouts are little more than your buy in. I typically stick with 50/50s, as you basically double your money and the swings are so bad. H2H contests are a crap shoot, as you can run into buzzsaws, where the guy you're playing has a perfect lineup and your very good lineup loses (of course the opposite is true as well where your crappy lineup beats an awful one). The 50/50s will help you avoid those situations though, because as long as you have an above average LU, you'll basically double up.

The biggest key to winning is as the season goes on and injuries come into play, is to pick up guys who were backups that will get the start. They're usually really cheap, but will still get a decent amount of points as they will now be starting but at a backups price. That allows you to go out and front load a bunch of studs at other positions.

3. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they not adjust the player prices each week ? It would seem that those former backups would get more expensive when the original starter went down with injury. I am thinking about making a deposit this week and I plan to follow your advice by playing mostly 50/50's with an occasional shot at one of the bigger prizes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.