1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Family in town for holidays?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by wanker751, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use this thread to bitch about them!

My wife's aunt is such a terrible person her kids will not talk to her. So she on her own decided to come here to live with my wife's mom [her sister in law. My wife's father who passed away long time ago] for 7 weeks! This week it was our turn to take aunt enda.

My wife has been at work. I am off work for break. This lady gives my kid shit. Then I have to put those fires out. Constantly tells me how I run my house wrong or how I raise my kids wrong. She never ever ever shuts up! And it is only day 3!

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha just about right mike!

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like she could hold her own during the airing of greviences, but maybe you could take her in the feats of streanth. (if you dont watch Seinfeld this makes no sense at all)

5. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yes... she airs grievances all the time about her sister... no way I win that!

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) Drink heavily
    2) Kick her out. She invited herself - you don't have to put up with her shit.

I'm hosting dinner on Friday - will just be my mom & her husband and my in-laws, so 6 total. My mom hosted Thanksgiving - same people - entire time was spent discussing various health issues. Better than politics, and I already warned my husband for Friday that he should just start talking about blood pressure if anyone brings up politics. And I'll offer more wine.....

Just like here at VMB - we moderate the shit out of those discussions!!!:nono:

7. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She will try to start arguments with people just because.

Drinking I do and I get the hell out of dodge when wife shows. My mother in law got so fed up with her she made my brother in law pick her up for a week.

8. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh and she is a gold digger... she latches on to rich guys and uses them...then when they finally get fed up with her she and leaves she trashes em all over town.

VMB my personal bartender!

9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does your MIL hate you & your wife?? Geez :poke:

10. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha... remember this is her dead husband's sister. She is remarried. Aunt Edna's sister hates my MIL and is mad she remarried like 10 to 15 years after her first husband died...

They are all horrible people who fight over dead people's money!

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha ha, I know what you are talking about. My mom isn't a very nice person. We are having xmas and new years dinner at my brother's house (he has the larger and uncluttered house) and my brother specifically stated that she is never invited over to his house. I usually give my mother some excuse for not going over for xmas dinner but then she is living in a care facility and I tell her that I don't like "old folk" food.

My mother is a piece of work. She tried to tell my sister how to run her family and take care of her kids. My sister told her that she will run her family the way she wants which isn't the way mom would run everything. Mom threw a fit and to this day she hasn't set foot in my sister's house. The argument occurred over 20 years ago, so sad that people hold grudges for so long. Even worse, after my mother moved into the care home (almost 4 years ago) my sister volunteered to take care of my mom's maltese (and the dogs medical expenses since the dog is now over 13 years old). Mom does go to visit the dog every few months but I have to bring out the dog from the house since she won't go in.

12. rosec73

rosec73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There nothing I can say that doesn't include you sleeping on The Couch, The Car, or the perverbial Dog House:(

13. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahha

Quick update I met a friend for drinks.... when. I left wife not home.. my son was crying not to leave him with aunt edna

14. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bad dad for making sun cry leaving him with Aunt Edna.

So this woman is your wife's late father's sister and your wife's mother has remarried and she still invited herself to stay for 7 weeks and your wife's mother didn't try and block it? My MIL has become a mean, nasty old woman. Christmas ought to be fun at her house as it is just her, her brother (dh's uncle), dh and I for dinner since the kids are heading off to their significant other's families and boy she is not happy about that. She can't (or doesn't want to) remember that our daughter to her in-laws for dinner on Christmas and bitches when she is reminded she won't be there. I had to tell her on Thanksgiving to be glad that her brother was still here and not bitch at him all day. He is 72 not in good health and stuck in his own ways and none of her bitching at him is going to change that.

15. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lady gave her a sob story about having no one and essentially invited herself. She thankfully did not wanna stay with me cause we both work and she'd have no one to talk to.

Hey a man's gotta get away. Mom was supposed to get home soon. It build character to be with someone you hate!

16. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ignore her and she might shut her pie hole.

17. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope... there have times on the phone I put her on mute and went about my business Haha did not matter!

18. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can see how your MIL might be pissed but to fuck you over like that is just wrong.

19. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree... worst part is aunt MIL was supposed to take her back tomorrow but aunt lied to us and told us the mom did not want her to go back until we go there Saturday. This lady now has to go to my family and now my mom is upset.

I called MIL and she said that the aunt insisted she stay here til Saturday.

Thanks friends for the support.

20. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ignore her and any bullshit she brings with her and enjoy Christmas........none of us knows when it may be our last. If you have to drink heavily to smile and nod, do so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.