1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Family Friendly Shows?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Chantel, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chantel

Chantel Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Vegas at the end of December for 9 nights with kids (12, 10 girls) and hubby.
    Already booked Nathan Burton Comedy & Magic Show, Popovich Comedy Pet Theater, Tournament of Kings, and Legends in Concert.
    We are staying at Excalibur. Are there any other "kid appropriate" shows around that area.
    We won't have a car, and from what I have read it will be pretty cold to walk very far.
    We will take the monorail or bus up to Circus Circus one day so that they can do the all day pass.
    This is our first Christmas away, and want to make it special, so any tips and advice would be great.
    Thanks!

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you already have the things i would suggest...
    maybe book a tour to red rock canyon or rent a car for the day and go.
    a tour of the damn dam is kid friendly...
    visit the conservatory at bellagio.
    a couple of places with have "ice" skating available.

but i must say, i admire your gumption.. 9 nights in vegas over chrsitmas with kids....
    there's another thread about vegas movies to make. your vacation might qualify. j/k
    enjoy the time with the family. it cannot be replaced.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its not a show but the aquarium at Mandalay Bay is pretty nice, same thing for the Mirage garden but that one will be a bit of a walk

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and the silverton has an aquarium as well..

also forgot about the secret garden thing at the mirage... great for kids... dolphins, animals...

5. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the ages of your kids, I'm guessing Motown might not be their cup of tea, but I think Human Nature is a very family-friendly show. I might even suggest V - The Ultimate Variety Show. It's a collection of oddball novelty acts - I call it the "crap you can only see in Vegas" show. I've seen it 3 or 4 times and have always enjoyed it.

6. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mac King @ Harrah's would be an excellent family afternoon show on the monorail. I second the Human Nature suggestion. Closer to your location (Planet Hollywood) Vegas! The Show is wonderful, perfectly appropriate for families, song & dance - great music, costumes & choreography.

President's Week School Vacation in Las Vegas
  7. Chantel

Chantel Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

Uh oh...just wondering why...We gave the kids a few options for Christmas vacations (Disney "already done it twice," cruise, and mexico)...they really wanted vegas.
    Hoping we made the right choice. Just figured there would be a lot to do and see.

8. Joang

Joang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recycled Percussion is great for kids, and adults enjoy it also. The kids (and most adults) get to pick up old pans and drum sticks to bang on at various times during the show. Very high energy show.

9. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeff Civillico is very family friendly. It's at the Quad/Linq hotel. Adam London's "Laughternoon" is another good one, but it's downtown at the D. I've taken my kids to both of those, plus Popovich. I also recently took my 6-year-old to the Jabbawockeez show at Luxor. There are a few suggestive dances and jokes but nothing you'll mind unless you're a prude. I haven't seen their show, but my six year old was very intrigued with Blue Man Group when we stayed at Monte Carlo this summer. When you go to Circus Circus, make sure to spend some time watching the performances. If they're still there, Zuma Zuma is really impressive. So is the foot juggler Elaine Chen.

10. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are there the Fab Four in the M Mile is a great show at a nice price in your into that. Everybody I've either took or told about loved it.

Here we go again!
  11. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cirque Du Soleil's "The Beatles' Love" at the Mirage.

12. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the age of your kids I'd recommend Jeff Civillico and Mac King. I've read someone complain about Mac King not being family friendly but I think they're wrong. Some people are too sensitive. It's Vegas after all. Try to sit up front for the shows you're going to. Jeff Civillico was not busy so we easily sat up front. They tend to let the people with kids sit up front. We saw Mac King a long time ago and it was very crowded but it's a great show as is Popovich. Legends is ok if your kids know and like the music.

I wouldn't assume it's going to be too cold to walk anywhere. It's not hot in December in Vegas but you're not going to Minnesota.

13. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would second the Mac King show, very enjoyable..........

14. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Maybe its just me but i dont see how tweens would have any interest in their grandparents music.

15. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the Beatles have such limited appeal. :poke:

My six year old likes the Beatles music and now that I've seen "Love," I definitely want to take her to it someday too.

16. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:

Here we go again!
  17. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just you.

As a kid, I loved the music my grandparents listened to; my mom never understood. Though I liked the music she listened to growing up as well. Some of us just have a broader taste in music than others, which is why listing preferences when asking for show recommendations is so helpful:thumbsup:

(my grandmother loved Elvis; my grandfather loved Jerry Lee and another grandfather was a huge Conway Twitty fan. My mom listened to a lot of Peter, Paul & Mary and Bob Dylan, my father liked the Beach Boys.....I liked that all, though I added Depeche Mode & the Cure as personal faves when I was in high school:ssst:)

18. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeff Civillico and Mac King tickets are cheap. LOVE, not so much. LOVE is a great show but it's gamble. If the kids like it, they will remember it a long, long time. If not, it's an expensive night out. If the price of the tickets to LOVE don't deter you, go for it!

19. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Beatles transcend age.

20. DukieDoesVegas

DukieDoesVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second this...we see Mac King every other visit, we totally love Mac King, and Vegas!The Show was fantastic. We will see it again perhaps next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.