1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Fall Shopping Event" or other such named giveaways, Harrah's Joliet or other locals

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jenblase, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Hi all - at our local, Harrah's Joliet, we had a fall shopping giveaway. The earning period was the month of October, and I think you earned 10 pts for every 100 tier credits or something like that? I just checked with my host and he told me I have 445 points now.

The redemption period for diamonds starts at noon on Black Friday. Unfortunately I have plans w/my mom and aunt to head to Four Winds for the weekend!! Does anyone have any idea what these 445 points can get me? If it's worth my while, I'll plan on stopping in on that day, even though it's totally out of my way!

I wouldn't mind hearing about experiences with other events like this, as I have never attended a gift giveaway of this sort.

Thanks!
    Jennifer

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not know about that event, but I would guess you have either enough points to buy something worth $445 in their world, which is about $200 if you bought the same thing at Walmart.

Or, you have about $4.45 worth which might get you... well... nothing.

I have been to many different ones. We went to the one in Vegas last week, which allowed you to earn all year. We had around 40,000 points. We got maybe $200-$250 worth of stuff.

3. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

I contacted my host and he said my 445 points will get me "A LOT" (his words). He told me he would have a brochure ready for me to look at the next time I come... I said, don't you have a PDF or a link you could send me so I could look at the items now? Not sure why I have to make a trip out there just for that.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    445 points won't get you much. Maybe CZ jewelry or some As Seen on TV items or inexpensive household appliances or tools. Look for your original mailer - I could have sworn they promised to list some stuff online ahead of time. I wouldn't worry about missing this.

5. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

For some reason I never got a mailer - I actually don't receive lots of the mailers for things I'm invited to online. But my host did email me a PDF and I see that I could basically get about $200-$250 worth of stuff. Like an Apple TV is 235 credits and my husband wants that. I might make a trip out there; also have $80 in free play to pick up so it would be worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.