1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Facebook Accounts

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Readingfanman, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, Whilst my girlfriend has no indication of wanting to play to earn free stuff, I am quite happy to play for her. If I set up a new Facebook profile for playing the game as her, and then redeem with her actual name, can anyone see any issues with that?

NFL Championship Weekend
  2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it might get flagged if she has no friends or anything... But I'd set it up with he real name and stuff. Try to make it as real as possible... I played it on my Mom's facebook (hers is real, but I'd log in and play as her so we could both get a show ticket)

But also be realistic, is there SO much stuff you want, that you wanna have 2 accounts worth of rewards?

3. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my husband to play on his account. He didn't want to and i played for the first few days and then he got hooked.

Do NOT put myvegas in the name, that is an auto flag and ppl been getting deleted lately.

Helps to have a couple real pictures as well. Even if they are just of her animals if she has some.

For the most to get out of it you need 51 friends for 500% bonus.

It was definately worth it for us to have the extra rewards. We are sitting at less than $300 for an 8 night trip and only have to pay for 1 day. We have 5 free nights with myvegas and 2 tickets to love (i have 4 rewards for some reason)

4. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us, a free hotel for 5 nights total and show tickets is pretty awesome. I'm realistic with the fact I can't get things comped, and this is the best alternative way to get free stuff!

NFL Championship Weekend
  5. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing on my dad's account for a while now. He barely looks at his Facebook, and has zero interest in playing. When he comes with us in October, he can use the same rewards as we do, so it's all good.

First trip of 2017.
  6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The account will not get flagged for having no friends - I have a friend who plays My Vegas and just set up a Facebook account for that purpose only - he does not want an online social presence and has restricted his profile and has zero friends - and he has been fine for the last couple years. There is nothing in facebook's TOS that says you have to have friends - suspicious activity like adding to many friends or sending too many emails - even if you actually know the people! - are more likely to get someone flagged. (I should know - I was suspended for a few days a while back for sending people I actually knew friend requests and sending them all emails. Crazy).

As for being realistic, it is actually smarter to have two people playing , as certain rewards are less costly in LPs (like show tickets and buffets) if individual passes are redeemed instead of bundled passes for two. The rooms also cost a lot of LPs, and if two different people redeem those free rooms, they can link their reservations back to back and extend their stay.

It is not really about wanting so much stuff because the points do not expire as long as the account holder plays regularly - what if a person goes to vegas several times a year? The more Lps earned the better. You can never have too many LPs and if you do not use them all now you have something to use on future trips, as long as there is a 30 day interval between redemptions.

For the OP - as long as the second account is strictly in your girlfriend's name with the email address she uses for MLIFE, you will be fine (if she does not have an MLife account now she can still sign up for one online with that email address and just pick the card up when she gets to Vegas). There is absolutely no way Facebook can tell who is playing. She would have to be there to do the redeeming of any rewards cashed in her name though.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea of course, me too I'm not a high roller. But, where can you find 5 usable nights between the calendars and the redemption rules? And you still gotta pay the $140 worth of resort fees.

I've redeemed a ton of stuff and it's awesome! I just think i'd have trouble trying to redeem like a million points right now... I do agree with the single rewards, because that's a lot less LPs if you have 2 accounts.

Yea that's true about the single rewards. I go several times and I've redeemed a ton of stuff. The rewards are getting less exciting is kinda what I meant... there seems to be less high value ones.Also you never know what is gonna happen with the rewards. I'd be bummed to have a million points and all thats left is buy one get one free drinks in the future, you know?

8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I know what you mean about the rewards not being what they used to be - there are still some very good freebies (for now) though, so the game is still worth the time investment.

I would hope that everyone would have some sort of warning before the only thing that is left are free drinks so that they can spend their remaining points on one last hurrah. So many people play online games like Candy Crush and Angry Birds for entertainment value without any real world perks, so I look at anything that I get from MyVegas as a bonus. And I have gotten shows and food worth quite a bit of money for doing nothing other than playing a game for a few hours here and there.

I am hoping that the current rewards don't change for the next month or so because I would like to get a few more for my upcoming trip!

9. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got 4 nights at MB back to back between my husband and self. @ reg nights and 2 weekend nights and then 1 night MC at the end of our trip so it is definately doable. We didn't even have flexibility in our schedule. I just searched every hotel calendar until i found one that had the availablility. Took a bit of research but i did it.

There is no way i would have been able to do 8 nights for less than $300 having no gambling history. We only pay 1 night at GC as i have 2 comped there from a local marketing bit so most of that 260 (our total cost) is resort fees.

4 nights MB, 3 nights GC and 1 MC for 260 thanks to myvegas. With 2 tickets to love i will definately take it and think it is worth it. It is only once you have used up a lot of rewards that it is not worth it anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.