1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Facebook Account Creation - Help!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by spaeth05, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spaeth05

spaeth05 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have yet to take the Facebook plunge and would have liked to avoid it but I've been sucked in by myVegas via my wife's page. My question is: Is there any way to create a "stealth" account that others can't search me, friend me, and all that crap unless I seek someone out? I was also thinking of setting it up using my middle name since very few people know it. I could still technically prove it's me via my driver's license right?

I certainly don't love the way FB handles privacy so please excuse my paranoia! I'd love to play the game and get some comps but I don't want to have any problems redeeming if I use my middle name for instance.

Thanks for your help!

2. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Come On, You Blues!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just set up an account using initials or your middle name as your last name. Max out on privacy settings. Done.

3. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    open a new email account that no one else knows and use it just for that facebook account.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You just need a valid email address to set it up. Nothing says you need to display your real name (and you can change the name later).

There are also settings so you can limit how searchable the profile is, and show no information but name to the searchers.

But also, if you are just using it for myvegas, nothing says you have to put any other info on there.

Leave it all blank. No pictures. you are joe anonymous who just happens to play a bunch of myvegas.

Social media may have privacy issues, but it has no victims, just volunteers. People can't use information you don't share.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can change all the privacy settings once you make the account to where no one sees anoything of it, or just use a funky name.

6. spaeth05

spaeth05 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your help! I'm up and running :)

7. orknid

orknid Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, when you cash in for a reward, you need to input your name. This does need to be your real name, but does not need to match your facebook name.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.