1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

FAA moving toward easing electronic device use

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by SH0CK, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't see them allowing the tray tables to stay down so someone can work on their laptop though. Wouldn't that be more of a safety issue in case the passengers needed to get off the plane in case of an emergency? The rest of the items are typically small/compact and wouldn't impede an exit, so I see no issue there.

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its not so much the idea that the electronic devices will have any effect on the aircraft itself...its more the fact that it annoys the other passengers...thats why cell phones will never be allowed...I cant stand the people who start making calls the moment the plane touches down...

As long as they require head phones to be used with electronic devices there will be no problem...IMO

3. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fear that headphones might be a sticky wicket, though.

I am pretty sure that there will be a push to make sure nobody is wearing headphones or ear buds during the safety announcement, and quite possibly close to landing, too, to be able to hear captain or flight attendant announcements.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent point...

I know I would complain if I could hear someone else’s electronic device...

They aren’t very strict now about headphones though…when I take the red eye back from Hawaii, I put my noise cancelling headphones on and go to sleep the moment I get to my seat…

Will be interesting to see how this all ends up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.