1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Express Comps Before Host Comps?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by luvzmuzik, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

My Bellagio host recently told me that express comps must be used for show tickets and spa treatments unless an offer specifically includes those things. As a low maintenance, high platinum player, I was a little surprised to hear this. I am just curious to know if this is a strict MLife policy? I'm sure there are no rules when it comes to whales, but is there no other host flexibility? I am very close to the $5K cap on ECs so using them is no problem but I got to thinking about Noir guests who have no cap on EC earnings and I guess they have to spend them on *something* so maybe a strict policy makes sense.

Do any of you have any knowledge or experience in this area?

Thanks.

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A host has the discretion to comp your tickets and spa out of your primary comp account before using express comps. But only if your play warrants it (i.e., you have generated theo well in excess of your upfront comps). Or perhaps if you have had a really big loss that trip and your host wants to try and keep you happy

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hosts often quote "policy" as an out when it's really just them keeping costs down.

ECs never have to be used first.

However a) noir EC cap is 10k and b) most noir players don't earn ECs anymore because they cut you off if you receive any discount/AF.

4. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, both. I kind of assumed that this was the case. It bothered me a little bit that my host turned me down when I asked for what seems like so little. I've been a loyal Bellagio customer since they opened and am high platinum. I always get a pent, limo, RFB and a decent amount of freeplay, not to mention the fact that my losses are not inconsequential. I am always polite, rarely ask for anything above my offer, and my host often tells me that he wishes all his clients were like me. I also tip him nicely each trip - just for goodwill. He sometimes throws me some extra freeplay now and then and says it's the equivalent of an airfare allowance with a $500 cap - which I also find hard to believe. I guess I just thought that since I'm such low maintenance, comped show tickets would be a nice gesture. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.