1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Experiences and car type Dollar Car rental Treasure Island

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Dutchfly, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have experience or information about Dollar Car Rental at Treasure Island? Would you reccomend?
    And what kind of car do you normally get there when yoiur rent mid-size or full size? I never get the car on the pic when I book....
    Thanks!

2. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind that they only have a dozen or so cars there. I rented there once, probably in 2010. I don't remember exactly what I asked for, but got a brand new Chevy Impala with 6 miles on it.

My experience at the counter was uneventful. The lady was very nice and accomodating. The are only open from about 8 or 9, til 5:00 PM and no one is at the desk during lunch hour. I showed up at about 12:55 and had to wait a few minutes for her to return. Other than that, everything was fine.

3. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your answer. What do you mean by "only a dozen cars"? You mean there is a risk they wont have a car ready for me?

4. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The section where the rentals were located was a row along the side wall in the parking garage. Whether there were more cars somewhere else in the garage and they replenished as needed, I don't know. I would think if they got down to just a car or two they would bring some from the RCC, or possibly shuttle you there to get it. Back in '09 I rented from Dollar at MC. I needed to drop the car off there, but needed to get to Golden Nugget. They informed me that they had a shuttle and could have them take me there at no charge. I had to wait about 10 minutes for it, but it beat the heck out of a $25+ taxi fare. I did tip the driver $10. I think it was Dollar's shuttle, but it could have been an MGM thing. It was just a guy in a mini-van, not one of the airport type shuttle buses.

5. GNH2000

GNH2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've rented there numerous times and will again next week--we are staying at TI for seven nights. The rates this time are well below renting at the airport.
    We will cab to TI when we arrive and will cab back to the airport after our trip.
    We have had nothing but positive experiences renting from this counter.

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think what they meant by "only a dozen vehicles" is that it's a smaller branch of rental office, they don't have as many cars as the airport location. They will have a vehicle for you but not the huge selection you would have at the airport. I'm not sure if I helped or made things more confusing.

7. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, its completely clear to me. Now I just wonder what cars they use. I reserved mid-size and hope for a dodge avenger. Is this likely or can I expect something else, and what would this something else be?

8. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a mid-size a few times --> generally Ford Fusion, Mitsubishi Gallant, Chrysler 200. Full-size was Chev. Malibu, Toyota Camry(rarely), Nissan Altima (not common). This will change at TI - I have dropped off there, and found limited selection in their garage, however, still got the class I rented.

9. GNH2013

GNH2013 Newbie

Have rented there multiple times----just rented again last week. Ended up with a Jetta with 48k miles and a quarter tank of gas. Car was fine-- not as nice as new, but ok. Would have been really pissed if I wasn't saving a ton of money vs. renting at the airport. Took a shuttle to and from TI-- $8.00 PP each way. Will I rent there again-- for the cost savings and the convenience, yes I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.