1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Experience Fee

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by redzone, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the letter from Total Rewards for a flight from Buffalo and two nights at Harrah's in Tunica for $199.00 plus an "Experience Fee" of $20.00. What the fuck is an Experience Fee? Nowhere does it say what the experience is or does. That's because there isn't an explanation except to say it costs $20.00 more than we are offering.

Why? Why not just say $219.00 and be done with it instead of insulting me with terminology and BullShit. Pisses me off to no end. :grrr:

2. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Experience fee is a new word.lol.

I think what happens is that if you cancel they get to keep the "Experience fee"
    that is paid in advance.
    They have to return your hotel reservation money but not the "Experience fee"
    I am guessing.

I am also guessing that the hotel is saying that they need to charge for any
    great experiences you are having at their hotel. LOL, LOL.

Thank you for informing us travelers. We need to look out for the extra charges
    of the "Experience fee." If a hotel has that fee I don't plan to stay there. LucyR.

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Harrah's Hotel

Harrah's Hotel had bragged that they wouldn't charge a resort fee.

But it looks like they have been forced to charge a fee anyway.

They became creative in changing from resort fee to "Experience fee" which is
    the same as a resort fee.LOL.

Now we know that Harrah's does have a resort fee but they have just changed the title of Resort. That means that you will get free WiFi in your room. Use the hotel telephone for free local calls. Get a free daily newspaper, etc.

I think they will ask you to sign some form that you agree to the Experience Fee. Just sign it and have fun in Vegas. Times have changed in Vegas.

Remember.... the front desk check-in workers are just workers with no power
    to cancel that fee.

Now that you know the truth.... decide if you want to stay at Harrah's. LucyR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.