1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Excalibur

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MikeOPensacola, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any decent places to eat at the Excalibur? Thanks.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There isn't much to choose from at Excalibur: they have a buffet, a steakhouse, an Italian place (Buca di Bepo) and Dick's Last Resort.

Beyond that its fast food/food court type food (Baja Fresh, McDonald's, Quizno's, Pizza Hut, a Chinese food place, Starbucks, etc...)

The buffet gets a number of bad reviews, but most of those seem to come from people who have never eaten there. Basically its a decent low priced buffet, its not fancy and fine dining like you'd find at the high end properties, more like what you can expect from a buffet in your home town.

I believe Buca di Bepo is a chain restaurant and its still pretty new, haven't heard many reviews on the place at all. Dick's Last Resort is a decent selection of bar food but the hijinks to go along with the meal aren't my thing. The Lynyrd Skynyrd restaurant is gone already.

If you are staying at Excalibur then there is quite a bit to choose from in the area as Luxor has a few restaurants as well and then the walkway to Mandalay Bay (plus Mandalay Bay itself) has a few more restaurants.

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there once and lived off of Quiznos, Pizza Hut, and McDonalds for 5 days. It was perfectly fine for me.

I ate there once and it was horrible. You couldn't pay me to eat there again and I have very very low standards when it comes to food.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I had dinner at the Steakhouse @ Camelot a few years ago when we stayed there, it was not too bad. Good service, average to low prices (for a steakhouse) and a nice steak. Nothing to brag about but it was okay.

5. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we had the buffet about 3 years ago (so many trips it is hard to remember)

but we do remember it was horrid:vomit:

we are not overly fussy,we even liked the breakfast buffet at Ip.

6. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allow me to pile on with the bad reviews of the Excalibur's buffet. We ate there because we had 2-for-1 coupon, and agreed that it was still overpriced. I remember the ham being particularly vile.

Breakfast at Excalibur buffet: $16. Breakfast at Bellagio buffet: $18. Aren't your taste buds worth an extra $2?

7. donof

donof Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They recently opened a gourmet burger place that is really good. Besides that, I agree with everyone else that there is little to eat.

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a great burger there too... but its been closed down along with the ill-conceived Lynyrd Skynrd BBQ hole.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.