Excalibur

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the thread to discuss the $20 Trick at Excalibur.

2. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in at Excalibur MLIFE registration desk (even tho I'm lowly Pearl) on July 29 for six nights, two of which were comped. Showed clerk $20 and asked if there was anything she could do for me. She upgraded me to the Contemporary Tower (big deal) with a strip view. Again big deal, 1st floor, apparently only a couple of floors are smoking floors, but could see MGM Grand, New York New York and Monte Carlo. Asked about a mini fridge for the room, and she gave me one for no charge. Saved $25 a night for that. So the $20 was worth it.

Last Trip of 2016 - Trip moved up 3 days
  3. Shoftiel

Shoftiel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    50/50

I have stayed twice, both times comped. the first time it was my birthday trip and they gave me an upgrade from a standard room to a room with a whirlpool.

Second visit 5 months later same room booked, this time I used the invited guest check-in $20 dlls and they declined to give me a free upgrade and lady at the counter said that I could pay for it.

4. gguerra

gguerra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just asked and got the north tower which is better clean and quite spacious. I had no complaints and NO $20 necessary. There is not really that much available. It's not like they are going to have a suite or anything like that. Next time just ask without the bribe.

5. Vtamanda

Vtamanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a Royal tower room booked and I was offered a strip view upgrade for a fee. I said I am happy to tip you twenty if you can do it as a comp. the clerk did a sly look around and then said she wasn't permitted to do that. I said ok, just give me what i booked. And that was what i got.