1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Excalibur Buffet closing for Renovations

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ty, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2014/8/19/201719/949/vegas-travel/Excalibur+Buffet+Closing+Soon+For+Renovations

I was hoping to pick up a couple of free breakfast buffets on myVEGAS and noticed they weren't offering any Excal Buffets. I didn't care for the lunch buffet last time but figured they would have some sausage and bacon for breakfast.

We went for lunch in July and the place was maybe 20% full, they had queue lines for hundreds of people and we just walked right in. Even if the food was really good I don't see how they could compete with the food court unless the buffet lowers the price.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  2. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're really going to have to overhaul the food choices, too. That stuff borders on nasty if it's not breakfast (which is just ok).

3. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the worst buffets on the Strip. While it's closed I doubt if anyone will miss it.

4. samanthaelizabeth

samanthaelizabeth Low-Roller

They should just renovate the entire place, change the name and start over ! Funny, Excalibur is the 1st place I stayed in the "New Vegas"......

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our first Vegas stay too. We still like the atmosphere.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this buffet has had so many negative reviews, I'd think this would be viewed as a positive step..

7. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During our recent trip I talked to one of the Excalibur employees about the buffet. He said MGM is building an arena (already started) behind NYNY for a professional ball team (sport unknown) and there is going to be a 20,000 car parking deck built behind Excalibur. The plan is to get people to come through Excal on the way to the stadium. The buffet will have a smaller footprint and it will be a 'premium' buffet and they are going to bring back Sir Galahad's Prime Rib.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  8. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That does sound like there has been some serious thought put into this. I remember liking the prime rib place years ago and was diappointed that it closed. We never ate in the buffett as it looked just like a school cafeteria from the outside.

Catchng people on the way to a game can be profitable if the restaurant is placed in view and people perceive it as a quick in and out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.