1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Excalibur buffet any better now?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ty, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has the Excal buffet gotten any better since they remodeled? Looking at the latest Trip Advisor ratings I would say not. We will be landing around lunch time and would like to spend some time in Excal (our first Vegas resort) and have lunch near there.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  2. MrSeanHiggs

MrSeanHiggs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off topic a bit, but do you put much stock in trip advisor ratings -- A friend told me that Westgate has cheap room promos for people signing up for the Super Contest. But 13 of the 17 reviews I first encountered were 1star reviews.

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might be wrong, but I put a lot of faith in TA. You have to consider how many reviews have been posted. I usually compare the combined 4 and 5 stars versus the combined 1 and 2 stars. Also look at the recent reviews, in regards to Excal I was hoping to see the recent reviews showing positive results but that hasn't been the case. Looking at the recent reviews might show a trend of improvement or otherwise.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  4. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's much better than before.

Now it is clean, more choices and with self-service drink stations.

5. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Ate lunch and dinner at the buffet about 3 times. Nothing spectacular, but food was ok. Not as big a selection as some other buffets, but found plenty for me, as I'm pretty simple when it comes to food.

Last Trip of 2016 - Trip moved up 3 days
  6. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

Don't trust review sites when it comes to buffets. A lot of those people are food snobs with unrealistic expectations of a buffet. I really enjoyed the remodeled Excalibur buffet. It is one of the better ones in that price range. I preferred it over Cravings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.