1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever used Sixt rental cars?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jonnyvegas, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are showing some decent prices on search engines but I have never heard of them. The price of rental cars are out of control.

Thanks

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are my preferred rental car service in Las Vegas.

They are located across the street from the Airport car rental terminal.

They are very big in Europe and overseas.

If you don't mind the extra 10-15 minutes (you need to go to wait at Taxi stand #4 to wait for their shuttle, and make sure when you book that you don't pre-pay (it's the default and No way to change it) I have found them to be very reliable. I rent with them home and away.

3. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rented from them last December. Their facility is literally right across from the rental center.
    Best rental experience I've ever had. Their shuttle runs constantly but give them a call when you get off the rental center bus and they will be there in under 5 minutes.

Once you get off their shuttle a greeter will walk you inside and offer you a soft drink/water. Quick, no surprise paperwork process.

The final bonus is the gas/convenience store in the same plaza. No searching for gas.

Bonus early day Downtown
    Annual end of the rodeo trip
  4. vegas9094

vegas9094 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they put a deposit hold on your credit card? We have used several different companies in Vegas but use Alamo if they are only a few dollars more since only hold the cost of your rental. The others seem to hold $200-300 plus the cost of your rental.

5. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help. I think I will give them a try.

6. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used them all the time while I was stationed in Germany years ago and never had an issue. I have not used them in LAS yet, they appear to have higher prices then the top companys. My preferred choice for LAS is Alamo. HUGE kiosk fan :)

7. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any recent renters of Sixt at LAS? I've heard mixed reviews and will not rent from the fox/ez/homeless car rental options.

8. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rented from Sixt in may and will do so in november. Reseverd a LFAR (BMW X3 or similar) and they first try to sell me an upgrade. Then they tried to downgrade me without giving me anything for it. I ended up in an Escalade ESV without paying more, because they didn't havn't an LFAR available.
    So, pretty much the same as any other rental company.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my not so humble opinion, waiting TWICE for a shuttle is not worth the hassle unless the rate is REALLY REALLY REALLY great!

10. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cars are in a lot next door so the staff has to physically walk over and get them. Took the guy 40 minutes to get me a car the one time I used them. The price was good though.

11. STPFan

STPFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just checking rental options for next March and Sixt is saying they have no station in the vicinity of Las Vegas. Wonder if they closed down or are having a glitch with their website. I could have sworn they were open when we went by two weeks ago.

12. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, that's what I'm seeing as well. I'll call them and find out.

I'm on the phone with them right now trying to find out what's going on . . .

OK, here's what I found out . . . .

SIXT corporate HQ is not able to contact Sixt in Las Vegas. They are not showing any rentals available for October and November. This concerned me because I have a rental reservation in November.

What I was told is that I MAY be affected in November, but should have gotten a email stating so.

I'd have to find a local to find out what's going on. My buddy is going down next weekend and maybe I can ask him to see.

So, for now, Sixt is DOWN in Las Vegas . . . .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  13. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used them last summer in San Diego when My son finished USMC boot camp.
    The check in was a goat fuck.
    But despite having a Mercedes reserved and receiving a Volvo wagon instead, it worked out really well.
    The price was right too.
    I'd try them again.

14. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My recommendation....make sure you have a back up reservation at another agency. That way if Sixt closes or something at least you have another reservation elsewhere.

Wow, that is unusual for an agency to be 'closed'. Hope that they can stay open, we need the competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.