1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever tipped someone who was an A-hole to you

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sco5123, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did.

On Christmas. I was in the Christmas spirit. lol

The bell desk guy did not realize that I had already dropped my luggage in the back behind the desk. I wanted to add another piece of luggage to it while I waited to check in.

I greeted him fairly warmly. He directed me outside for storage though I insisted it was not outside but rather in the back behind the desk.

Long story short, I came back after finding my luggage was not outside, and spoke to the lady behind the desk instead. When it was time to check in, only the guy was available and for some reason I was in such a good mood, I just handed him a $5 bill and smiled and he said sorry and started apologizing profusely. lol I was tipping like crazy on Christmas though.

Ever tip even after bad service because you were just in a good mood?

2. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many times and then I feel like a sucker for a few hours.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aww poor baby

4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Sco, I don't tip A-holes.

Sometimes I seem to sense that someone is having a bad day. That's different. I'll tip them. We all have bad days.

A-holes? Nope......

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sure don't. And when I don't I let them know why, in the tip area on the receipt ill write something along the lines of no tips for dicks.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much sums up my feeling as well...

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

No, why?

8. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't if I get angry with the service

I don't tip people who are being jerks or jerkettes with me.... EVER!

Plus, I don't let people push me around at hotels or restaurants.

One time I had an argument with a bell-man at a Vegas hotel. I told him "I don't need you....I will carry my own luggage". "go away". I was in my hotel room when I called for help with my luggage. The bell-man wanted to take the luggage to the storage area and then give it to me at the shuttle area later. He told me those were the hotel rules. I disagreed and said it would be easier for just to have my luggage with me at the shuttle area even if I had to wait for it a long time.

I started walking away with my luggage when all of a sudden he helped me with my luggage. I agreed and we walked towards the Shuttle area. I did tip him because he agreed to my needs. He also agreed that it was a better idea just to take me to the shuttle area.
    The Shuttle showed up EARLY so I was glad I already had my luggage with me.
    He had my name on his pick-up list. A lot of shuttles show up early I notice.
    LucyR.

9. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    like eating lunch at a Vegas Cafe

The waitress was really slow eventhough I go when the café is almost empty.

I asked for a glass of ice water. I placed my order too. She brought me my food.
    Then she remembered to bring me the water.

Then she brought me my cappuchino with no spoon. I said wait, "I need a spoon".
    She asked me" what for"? I said for the cappuchino to add some sugar.lol.

She is just a young stupid gal who has waited on me before. She is in the wrong
    business. I should have complained to the manager who happened to be there that
    day.
    I still plan to go eat there next time because it is so nice just to sit and relax at the Shopping Mall after walking around a lot. I like their food and goodies.
    I only tip her a few dollars. I plan to go back.lol. LucyR.

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope

If I'm in a good mood I'd rather double tip the next nice person.

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I get a D*Head I put them on the spot and ask them if I should tip them for bad service and wait for their reaction.

12. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it because I've felt obligated to do so. Like it was the "right thing to do". Then I get mad at myself for being guilted into rewarding poor service. This happens more frequently at home than in Vegas for some reason.

I have only had one situation ever in LV where someone was seriously pushy for a tip and I told him where to go!

13. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tips are earned -- they're not entitlements. Anyone who wants my money better give me a reason to give it to them. Otherwise folks might as well line up at my door expecting handouts because that's exactly what I would have been doing.

14. OK Pabst

OK Pabst Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tipping down

I am playing Blackjack at the Dells a lot lately. I get to know the familiar faces of the dealers and make plays for them when I am winning or trying to turn a cold shoe around. I do notice that the tipping is way down. I am also seeing a lot of familiar faces playing. Some people are grinding out a profit and then leaving with no tip. There attitude is - the dealer risks nothing, why do they deserve a tip.

15. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cant honestly recall any a hole servers or workers that i have run into in vegas. Some cw's are a bit dull but they are busy so I chalk it up to that but thats about it.

One cw at plaza acted like it was a chore to bring me drinks one night but i kept tipping and she kept coming so it worked.

16. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never really had service from a tippable person so bad I would call them an a hole. If so, I'd probably not tip them.

I've had overall bad service and undertipped or non tipped because of it.

If someone made me mad enough to think "this person is a jerk", I would probably tip them a penny or a nickel. No tip and they might think you just aren't a tipper. Make the point of handing a preposterously low tip and you are saying "I am a tipper, and this is about you".

17. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I've ever not tipped. But I certainly adjust my tipping habits based on service. I'm usually pretty generous, but if the waiter gives me attitude I'll drop it down to 10% instead of 20-25. Same for a bad cabbie...I'm still tipping for a ride, but not as much.

At a gaming table you occasionally run into someone you don't want to tip. A BJ dealer hustling for tips, for example. But in that case I'll tip until I realize what I'm dealing with, but once I figure it out, I'll leave the table. Because if the person is a big enough jerk that I don't want to tip, they're also a big enough jerk that I don't want to be around them.

So I guess my counter question is if someone is being an A-Hole, why are you there?

18. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'd love to get a real asshole dealer like that guy from Vegas Vacation who would make fun of me for losing and tell me to go buy a bullet and rent a gun. I'd tip him a ton because that would be so much fun.

19. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If done correctly, a snarky dealer can be fun. Like the sports book guy who asked me if I wanted him to save me some time and just set my ticket on fire when I made a particularly stupid bet. Classic. Or the craps guy who introduces a newbie to the game at a cold table with the instructions 'you put your chips on the table, then we take them from you.'

20. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go look up BJ Dealer "Gene" at Hooters......he's been there every MORNING we ever went there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.