1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever order a fan?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Michelle, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone ever ask concierge for a fan for their room? We love the noise! Or should we just buy one?

Jill's 21st!
  2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never tried.
    This is from martinr's current TR, "I set out to find a fan that we could have in the room to provide some noise similar to what he have at home. I knew there was a Walgreens across the street next to Venetian. This location did not sell fans but I was sent to the next closest one at the Palazzo which was much larger. They did have a fan that did the trick, but I had to shlep it down the Strip back to the Mirage. It turned out to be most satisfactory for our needs."

Post #1, http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?119816-Martin-Judy-s-Post-4-23-26-TR

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  3. dwdella

dwdella Newbie

They have an app for that. We use the fan app on the Ipad, and it does a very good jop of reproducing our fan from home.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have an app that has lots of different sounds, fan, AC, rainfall, white, noise, blue noise, green noise, etc... etc.... I don't use it much but it's nice to have

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't tried to use an app, but I have a really tiny white-noise machine that fits nicely in my luggage for just such an occasion.

I would think the larger Walgreens would have one, but I'd never thought of asking the hotel for one.

6. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll have a car and the noise apps aren't loud enough. My plan was to buy one, big box $12 deal, just wondering if anyone has asked the front desk. It seems to have become more common!

Jill's 21st!
  7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    martinr did say he tried to arrange it through the hotel, to no avail, which is why he bought one.

Vegas Just Because...
  8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My little white noise machine is plenty loud. I've never taken it on a trip, but it measures ~4 inches wide and tall. Two different volumes.
    Amazon is your friend and cheaper than buying a fan each trip.

Christmas
  9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love it if you'd call your hotel and ask if they have them available. I'm curious now. I've borrowed one at some non-Vegas hotels, but most of them didn't have AC in the room, so they were used to the request. I love my fan in the bedroom for the white noise and prefer it to the machine at home.

10. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've asked for a humidifier. Not from the concierge, from housekeeping.
    I'm surprised your white noise app is not loud enough. maybe just buy a bluetooth speaker to amplify it.

11. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've asked for a fan from Cosmo multiple times one stay, and they told me to go across the street to Walgreens to pick one up myself. They said they don't have any fans on the property.

Had one put in our room when we stayed in the Skylofts though. No issue at all.

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This

13. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish they did have them. I always have issues with temp control in hotel rooms. I would love to have the AC set a bit lower and let a fan do the rest.

14. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We bring 2 six inch desk fans and set them up on the night stands. They take no room to pack.
    I like the noise, but I need the actual fan now that I'm at a certain age...

15. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious what you mean by that? I greatly prefer the air being moved around when I sleep. We have an air-purifier that I put on low, just so the air isn't stagnant. If you're referring to being older, my experience with older folks is they like the rooms HOT. Just came back from visiting my Mom and she was continually asking me if I was warm enough and I was dying in her house. I don't feel the need for anything in Vegas, as one of the main things I like about the Hard Rock is their HVAC system in the rooms.

16. martinr

martinr High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did inquire at check in at the Mirage but was told they have had similar requests but they do not provide fans. Their suggestion was to go to Walgreens which is what I did. That was actually my backup plan if the hotel couldn't provide one.

White noise machines are very soothing to some people. But, it is an individual preference as well as what a person is accustomed to when considering no noise vs. the same noise as you live with when not travelling. When we take trips by car, we take our box fan with us and it makes all the difference in the world as to a good night's sleep.

If you have a car in Vegas, it shouldn't be too hard to find a Target, Walmart, etc. to buy an inexpensive one.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
  17. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask housekeeping for a humidifier. Unless its one of those ultrasonic no noise ones, that won't really help. But at least your skin won't be so dry.

18. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually setting the a/c on "fan" works for us. I've asked for a fan at places without a/c though. Like a previous poster said, those kinds of places are used to the request.

19. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is usually what I do. Works for me most of the time.

20. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, Smartone, I'm going out on a limb and guessing you must be male. I'm female in my mid 40's and I now get the night sweats. There are nights when I could sleep out in a snow bank and be comfortable. It's just an added bonus for hormone changes.

My moms the same as yours. She keeps her heat on 72-74 degrees. I'm melting and she asks Me if I'm cold just wearing a tshirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.