1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever made a new Friend in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Electroguy563, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, meet a stranger in Vegas and then became very good friends, a friend that you keep in touch often?

I've never made one yet but for those of you who were fortunate to make one, I'd love to hear how you've met, the circumstances under how you met, and how long you've been "Vegas friends".

This is kinda different from the Vegas meets and greet but if you want to share stories from this type of meets please feel free to do so!!

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure... I met a guy while watching games at the sports book at the Wynn right after it first opened, so I guess about 10 years ago now. His name is Joe. He's a "professional" sports bettor. I say "professional', cause to my knowledge, he doesn't do anything else for income. He came to Las Vegas from Australia in his mid 20's (I guess he's 40 now?)... I have his numbers listed in my phone as Joe Aussie (I've never asked his last name). I hook-up for a dinner or cocktails with him 6 times a year (I'm in town monthly), but exchange multiple texts with him almost daily... on weekends during sporting events, we might exchange 20-30 texts. He's fun to chat/text with, though I can't imagine that "life"... sometimes he's on a hot streak and in the "penthouse" so to speak and others, it's seems like he running on fumes.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Have not befriended a stranger IN Vegas, but I've made several good friends on boards, and then met up with them in Vegas.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made friends with a girl at the Monte Carlo pool. She was vacationing with her Father and his GF and I was with a buddy. My buddy was gambling 24/7 so I had some extra time and an extra ticket to KA. We hung out, became FB friends and kept in touch for a bit.

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep - several Canucks, Scots and LV locals I've met in bars. We meet up on holidays and special events. One of the reasons I hang out in Las Vegas is I get to meet people from all over the world.

Bill

6. Kit39

Kit39 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have. I met one of my best friends now 2 years ago in the foundation room. I was on a work trip and he was attending a convention. We chatted the entire evening and traded business cards and the friendship formed from there. We don't even live in the same city and talk almost daily.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my best buddies lives in Vegas, but we didn't meet there, we met, of all things, playing Call of Duty on the Playstation several years ago. We hang out when I go to Vegas and this past may donned a suit and stood up for me at my wedding at the Stratosphere . There are a lot of very nice, friendly people in Vegas.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  8. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep.
    I met some people from Missouri in April, hung out w/ them each night at craps and BJ and figured I'd never see them again. I was back in October and ran into them again, this time we exchanged numbers and text occasionally. We're planning to meet out there again sometime in 2015.

Futbol - final game
  9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've met people while playing dice or eating solo at buffets and cafes. Good, friendly banter and sharing of gambling stories.

But never went farther from that where we exchanged numbers and such. I'm sure the day will come when I will be fortunate to meet a long lasting friend in Vegas. I think its neat that you folks have kept in touch even though miles apart in different cities and share the love of going to Vegas.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  10. Hawaiianmark

Hawaiianmark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had / have a surfing blog. I met a great friend YEARS ago thru it. Funny thing is we didnt get a chance to meet till Vegas at Halloween a few years back.

Now Ive gone and met him and his wife 3 x in vegas. And he has come here 3x to Maui and Honolulu.

Best moment with him was first meet at Hofbrauhaus (for my wife; Id met him before) so we get there and proceed to have a damn great time.

That led to many text/chats between us. every trip to LV I ask if he is avaiable to come up from LA.

Its Ohana now.

:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.