1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever changed a Hotel.com reservation?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by user3657, Oct 13, 2016.

1. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering how it works. I just booked Oct 26th-Nov 1. Im not sure exactly if I can leave the 26th or the 27th.
    If I call to change the arrival date to Oct 27th, will they just refund me the first night or will they require me to rebook it? This is assuming I call before the free cancellation date.

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played "musical hotel" many times with never a problem. Just call, give the date change, get a new confirmation number, request a confirmation email if not automatic, and that's it. I'm assuming you only got charged a deposit for the first night, so it's unlikely that a refund or additional payment will be necessary.

WHOOPS! I guess I didn't take the time to notice Hotels.com . Sorry about that.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  3. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So all your other nights are the same price as your original booking and not current prices?

4. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's possible that you won't get to keep your original rate. Why are you booking through a reseller agent instead of directly with the hotel? By doing that,you won't get any promo offers which effectively are credits of your resort fee back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur, not sure if you will be able to keep your original rate if you change your booking. Best to ask them. But if the rates change and are higher then it may be worthwhile to just keep your original reservation and pay for the 26th and eat the cost of that night you aren't there. You can call the hotel to say that you will be there a day later due to something coming up, I think if you call and warn them they will still keep your booking (but even then best to verify this with the hotel).

Actually with Hotels.com I think you have to prepay your entire stay upfront. Unless this changed it has been that way for a number of years with Hotels.com. I booked through them because they had lower rates than offered by the hotels.

Hotels.com has a price matching guarantee, if you find a lower rate you can call them and they will give you the lower rate (and refund you the difference). The good thing is that they won't raise your rates if the prices go up.

I have made changes to my Hotels.com reservation before but I think they cancelled and rebooked my reservation. I was lucky though, the hotel rates were still similar so I didn't have to pay more for the change or higher hotel rates.

6. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Makikiboy, I think it is best to book directly with the hotels because they give you better service. Always book non-package hotels so you can make changes with no problems. Always look for the refund policies then book a hotel.

7. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, if you find that there is no benefit to changing and you keep your existing reservation and pay for the night before you arrive, you can arrive anytime the day you arrive. As maybe someone said, be sure to call the HOTEL itself (not hotels.com) and let them know you will be late. The hotels know that people miss flights, etc so this is not that unusual.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Lucy, I guess I always stay downtown and/or book the lower ranked hotels so lots of times I find lower rates from sites like Booking.com or hotel. com. I usually search using Kayak and then go to the individual sites to find rates. I also check the hotel sites to see if I can find lower rates. These third party sites do price matching and will reduce your booking rate if you can show them a lower rate after booking.

I don't gamble for comps or gamble enough so I don't qualify to get my bill reduced or my rates discounted so I won't get better service from the downtown hotel anyway. Yes, best to book directly with the hotel if possible but not a big problem booking through the third party sites if they have the lower rates.

But that is just me, if you gamble enough or qualify to get comps then I agree, booking through the hotel is better. Just that for the lower budget type people like me it doesn't make as much difference. That said, I was able to find good rates directly with MSS for my January trip. Actually they were the same rate as the third party sites so I booked directly through the hotel.

9. Danielle

Danielle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't, but I don't think that it would be that big of an issue if you called them up. I"m sure that they will fix it for you.