1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Erich Bergen, the original Bob Gaudio of Jersey Boys Vegas, cast in Jersey Boys movie

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by ah6tyfour, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've posted about this within another thread, but thought it deserved its own thread to post this article from Las Vegas Weekly:

The Redemption of a Once and Future Jersey Boys star

If you saw Jersey Boys at Palazzo in the first two years of its run, you saw Erich Bergen as Bob Gaudio. And now he's been picked to play the role in the Jersey Boys movie, directed by Clint Eastwood.

The interesting part of the story is that Erich Bergen was very publicly "released" from his contract with Jersey Boys for questionable reasons. As I recall, he went home to start a planned one-week vacation and was told when he arrived home that he was done in Vegas and that his stuff would be mailed to him. So it's ironic that he will now be the one who immortalizes the role on film.

I saw him as Bob Gaudio in the original San Francisco cast as well as many times on tour and in Vegas. While in Vegas, he did a lot to support the arts in Clark County and helped the Liberace Museum put on some sold out shows. It's nice to see him back on his feet!

2. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting- we'll look forward to the film. The show was excellent back then, and anything Eastwood does will be top quality.

3. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's rumored that John Lloyd Young (original Frankie Valli on Broadway) will play the movie lead. I do hope so as he was amazing.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.