1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Enough Time between Flights?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ValerieJo, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValerieJo

ValerieJo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly from DTW tomorrow, however we change planes in Denver. Since I used miles the flights are free. What concerns me is we have 25 minutes between flights. I realize SW booked it this way, but should I be concerned? Will be off the flight and on to the next flight in time? It can be a long walk in Denver (we done it before on Frontier). Are SW gates closer? Please put my mind to rest. :nworthy:

First time at 4 Queens
  2. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be fine, I have done short connections in Denver before, what gate you arriving in. You may arrive in terminal A (which you will have to take the train to Term C), which used to be where AirTran flights arrive, but since SW purchased them they could put planes over in gate 48, 50, 52 and the original SW gates are in Terminal C, gates 28,29,30, 41, 43, 45, 47,48,49,50. Even if you get stuck in one of the old AirTran gates in Terminal A you can make it to Terminal C in 25 minutes, just take the train from A to C. Southwest has gates at both the far ends of Terminal C, 28, 29, 30 are to the left and 41-50 are to the right. You will be fine.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You shouldn't have a problem.

With the flight numbers and info you should be able to check what gate you arrive at and what gate you depart from and then consult the airport map online to see how close they are to each other.

Otherwise, this is all pretty common: they probably do a few flights each day with such a short layover so they'll know what they are doing.

Because your flights are Southwest to Southwest things like your checked luggage will be handled for you and moved from one flight to the next, so you will just need to go from the first flight to the next and the next flight will be expecting you (you'll get your tickets for both flights at the same time when you originally check in at the first airport).

Do note that you probably won't have a whole lot of time between flights so you might want to get to the gate of your departing flight first (depending on how far away it is from your arriving gate) if you want to do things like hit the restroom, buy some stuff at the stores or go to one of the restaurants.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.