1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Encore trip report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mesa, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Encore 5/9-5/12

We had some good rates so we gave Encore a try and were very impressed with the rooms; we had a problem with getting back into our room to check out and had to wait 45 minutes as no one seemed to be able to fix the problem and that’s when we learned that Wynn has a K-9 dog security unit, had never seen that before. For the inconvenience we were told next time we would get an upgrade to the tower suites. We will see.

We arrived around 11am and had to wait for rooms ( we wanted west side south view, well worth the wait) so we decided to try Society Café Sally went with the STEAK HOUSE SALAD, Warm Sirloin Steak, Beefsteak Tomatoes, Blue Cheese, and Crispy Onion Rings, Truffle Deviled Egg, Worcestershire Dressing and I went with the FILET MIGNON\Beef Tenderloin Sliders, Caramelized Onions, Horseradish Cream, French Fries. All very good we ended up eating there a few times.

We ended up gambling at Bar VP and I was doing very well but alas that was the only day I won anything, Sally was holding her own, but the bottom line was WE LOST. So the highlights will be the food, Good thing we like to eat.
    Dinner was very late after gambling and carousing, so we went with room service which arrived hot and tasty seeing how room service can be lukewarm we were very pleased French onion soup and a meatball pizza.

Sunday: Since the Society café opens at 7am so we arrived for breakfast nothing to crazy just eggs benedict for me and Oscar benedict for Sally. And Blood Orange Mimosas around.

We spent the majority of the day at the European pool as they have no kids under 21 rule pools are not large but very enjoyable,
    Lunch @ Wazuzu, Sally had 3 cut rolls, Spider roll (soft shell crab), Eel avocado roll and yellowtail scallion roll. I had dim sum, don’t remember the detail but all was very good and a beautiful room to eat in.

B-day dinner @ Sinatra. The service was not as good as our last visit (did not ever ask if we a cocktail, just all around lack of attention that one expects in a place where you are dropping a lot of money) But the food was excellent Sally started with quartet of seafood, oysters, lump crab meat, yellowtail/watermelon and some lobster topped with cucumber.
    For the main dishes Sal tried the Ossobuco “My Way†Braised veal ossobuco,
    Risotto Milanese and gremolata, which she really enjoyed calling it Orgasmic, I stayed with the Lobster Risotto, which was a little different than last time but just as good and to top it off we split the Cappello for dessert which consist of chocolate hazelnut gianduja mousse kumquat sauce and comes served in the shape of Sinatras famous fedora. Quite tasty.

Monday as we wiped the sleep out our eyes we said let’s check out the Peppermill as we have never been before. So we strolled down and indulged in the Country fried steak w/gravy 3eggs and hash browns & fresh OJ needless to say we split the one serving upon the advice of our waitress.
    We had a Cabana that day so plenty of sun and pool time so we decided for lunch at the pool and once again the food was great for room service type food. Sally had a wonderful asian chicken salad (freshly hot grilled chicken, sliced by server tableside). I had shrimp quesadilla with huge and plentiful shrimp).
    That night was a comped Buffet where we stuffed our faces. But as good as Wynn’s buffet is and as many buffets as we have had if their not comped I won’t be paying for anymore(lukewarm food, lines to deal with etc).After that we headed to our old stomping grounds at Mirage to see if our gambling luck would change but not to happen. Damn!!

Tuesday was checkout day and Sally had to have the Frosted Flake French Toast w/
    Caramelized Bananas, Chocolate Cream@ Society Café Very filling .I would recommend Society Café to anyone, as all of our meals there were very good with great service.
    Then back to the room and that’s when we had the door lock problem.

Observations,
    Would stay at Encore again, everything from housekeeping /friendly bartenders great rooms but gamble somewhere else.
    Steve Wynn has great restaurants
    Although the pools were small they were good for us. And the European pool is the best (no kids).

2. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mesa for some reason I thought you were eating at Botero one night. Glad you enjoyed your trip despite bad gambling. Your meals sounded wonderful....

3. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

We were but then I hit them up at red card and they comped the buffet so next time:thumbsup:

4. marcianofan

marcianofan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR, tks for posting. The only complaint I have is we need more details about the european pool:drooling:

5. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like my typical stays on the strip...no winning but good food.

6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. Good restaurant info.

later, GVJ

7. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, when the gambling heads south and stays there you've always got the great food and pools to southe the senses.

Back where we belong
  8. RVA

RVA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to hear Encore delivered for you. I stayed there 3 weeks ago..i was able to check in close to noon with no wait or trouble (it was a Wed.) we had great service at sinatra..i am sure there was some waiter to waiter variation you ran into..and also had the osso buco..the food was really good i thought..we spent 2 out of 3 days at the Euro pool...to avoid the 3 kids that were on the other side...i didnt mind the "smallness" of the pool..it was relaxing and a good vibe all around...i will stay there next time for sure unless someone else offers me free nights...the service from top to bottom was excellent and yes...you cant beat the dining at Wynn's places

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.