1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Emails From Hosts

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sddunes, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sddunes

sddunes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone else get these? I've had a few over the years and I suppose what frsutrates me the most is I'll reply letting them know I'm coming out and won't get a response.

I had a Bellagio host email at the end of March and I replied a week or so ago letting him know I was coming out and to see if I had anything better than what is on MLife. I never received a response. What's the point of sending out these emails if you don't plan on responding?

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I believe it was MGM that would send out robo-emails with some host name on it, but if you called to speak to her, you come to find she's never available....because she didn't exist. It was bait to get you to respond. Now I see MGM emails have different host names for different properties and usually a picture, so it must be a real host, but still likely a robo-email and bait, you'll just be tossed to some phone rep and all they can do is what is offered.

Now recently I got an email from a CET host at NOLA about a LV event called "All of Tom's Favorite Things" (Tom is the player host/development VP or something, some big-wig guy)...kind of like Oprah's favorite things, everyone gets one of each, so I forwarded the email to my LV host asking if she knew about it, she said Yes and can take care of it....and do more.

I guess my point is, you can get an email from a "host" but it may or may not be a real person, but merely bait, to lure you in, but if you can establish with a regular host, they can do the same stuff usually.

3. sddunes

sddunes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping that it may have been someone who was blasting out emails to players who don't have a host assigned in the hopes of adding business.

I ended up taking my MLife offer which was probably the worst I've had as it is only 3 nights comped. I usually have some freeplay and either RFL or some type of food credit. I even called out there yesterday to confirm the room and asked if there was anything else I could get and was told to charge everything to the room.

I'm not a high roller but I play blackjack and it is usually close to $200/hand. In fact I figured I could get a better offer since I got my head kicked in the last time I was out there a year ago.

4. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Do exactly like they said, charge everything to your room.
    On your last day or night before, seek out a host and have a sit down. Usually in the HL area is a host office or desk.
    Ignore the players club people, useless.
    Find a host, let them know you do not have an assigned host and you'd like to build a better relationship with Bellagio/MGM
    They'll look at your play, do what they can and make sure you get the person's card.
    Once you get home, email a thank you for their help and that you will contact them when you schedule your return.

5. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it happend to me with Mandalay Bay. I emailed a follow up and got the "so sorry I didn't see your email" line. Try again or call. Someone will take care of you on your mailer.

6. sddunes

sddunes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the first place I received the emails from and never heard back from them. We were going to stay there as my wife received a deal for her birthday but she was told they're sold out so we went with my MLife special after she called around.

All it used to take was her calling VIP services on my behalf to get comps/RFL but I guess things have changed.

I definitely need to see about getting a host for the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.