1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Elvis has left the Westgate

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by The Stig, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. martinr

martinr High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is odd. I was on a flight from Memphis to LV last April and talked with the Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau president, whom I have known somewhat. He was on that flight to attend the opening of the Elvis exhibit along with Priscilla and others. Since Graceland had their part in this project, it was going to be done professionally, rather than on a schlocky level. Now, this news! How unfortunate. I was watching the local Vegas news in my room last night after tentatively making my Tuesday daytime plans which included going to Westgate to see the exhibit.
    Vegas can have 15 Walgreens and CVS stores open on The Strip, but a first class tribute to an iconic legendary part of Vegas history can't be supported? I hope details can be worked out and this doesn't come to an unfortunate end here. Corporate parties and local business leaders should push this to a favorable end.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.