1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Elton or Carlos ??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by trainfan, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trainfan

trainfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading back in early May for my Birthday celebration - we have Vegas Uncorked Grand Tasting on Friday and Absinthe on Sunday already booked and paid for. Up for grabs is Saturday night - we can see Elton John at Caesars or Santana at Mandalay Bay. Wife says she is good with either and I'm torn - like Santana's music better, but think that Elton may do a classic Vegas show that I'd hate to miss. Opinions ??

2. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elton will definitely do a more "Vegas" show - but it will be in a bigger arena and will not feel as intimate as Carlos.

I saw Carlos last year at House of Blues, and I would recommend you get the GA floor tickets. It is not too crowded, and you can literally walk right up to the stage. AWESOME!

3. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had a choice Santana hands down, smaller venue and one of the greatest guitar players of all time, Saw him when they were at the Hard Rock a few years back and was great, I would imagine at HOB much smaller , would be an even better experience, Elton to me is Ok but more of pop rock and hit singles, Carlos is a true icon

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed attending Elton at CP. But, as mentioned, it is a BIG place and he gets sort of lost on the stage.

Totally different Vibe at MB.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd do Santana especially if you like his music more. Elton may do a bigger production, but you'll be watching it from afar with an experience you could get anywhere.

House of Blues isn't small, but its as close as you'll come to feeling like Santana is playing your neighbourhood bar (assuming your neighbourhood bar charged $10 for a Newcastle)

6. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    saw the same show, even from the cheap standing room by the back bar it was a fantastic concert.

7. Kiwicol

Kiwicol Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surely the answer is go to what music you like better???

I saw Bruce Springsteen last Wednesday in Sydney from a rubbish seat and loved every minute. I could have been front row at Santana and not had as good a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.