1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ellis Steak deal altered

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by westie, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per the LVA - There've been some changes at Ellis Island, notably in the requirement for getting the 24/7 steak dinner. The base price has been raised to $12.99, but everyone can swipe their players card to get $3 off for $9.99. Whereas you used to be able to get an additional $2 off by playing $1 in a machine, that requirement has been raised to $5 (which costs about 10 cents in expected value). Bottom line: You can still get the steak dinner for $7.99, but you have to make a $5 lay down to get it.

For those with the play $10 get $10 free play coupons from the ACG and/or LVA, you might want to consider redeeming those on the night you plan on ordering the steak special.

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads-up. Ellis Island is the only thing on the agenda for our upcoming trip, and we do have an ACG coupon. We always play on spending an hour at the bar before eating anyway, so hopefully the changes won't affect us too much. I'd sure still like to see something in Vegas change for the better, however!

3. DowntownDiva

DowntownDiva Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone remember if they have video blackjack on any of the VP multi-game machines? The expected value on VP may be lower, but the variance/standard deviation that gets you there is higher. This means you have a good chance of a $3-4 loss and a smaller chance of bigger wins that net out to the overall -$0.10 value.

If all I'm trying to do is get a cheap meal, I'd take the hit to expected value (which is only twenty cents or so) for a (much!) lower variance/standard deviation.

4. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I never thought the steak special was that great. I think at the time it was $6.99 and I would've much rather had Hard Rock's Gambler's Special for $7.77.

5. eksantirik

eksantirik Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did this last week. It was very cumbersome. Make sure you print two coupons from the kiosk (after playing $5 of course):

- Top Special for $9.99 coupon
    - $2 off EI steak special coupon

The server used only second, and the ending result was higher than expected. When I showed him the other coupon, I was able to get the (what I think) regular pricing ($8.98 w tax). They just made a mess, best promotions are the simple ones, this is just becoming harder and harder every year.

As always, the ranch sauce on the salad was excellent. Beans were quite good too. I didn't like the fries this time and the steak was awfully dry. Root beer was not well-chilled. After having this special for 5-6 times, I might put an end going forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.