1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ellis Island

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by blackjacknut, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your favorite meal at Ellis Island. Also how is the Prime Rib?

2. lylesvegas

lylesvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only ate there once, an early breakfast around 6:30 am. I dont remember what I had but I do remember loving it! I also love the kind of "divey" vibe it gives...:beer:

3. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ribs. Served after 4pm daily. Before 4 you can't beat the 7.95 full steak dinner including a beer. They changed the rules recently and you have to run .50 or $1 through a machine and then swipe a players card for the off menu special

Bonus early day Downtown
    Annual end of the rodeo trip
  4. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the ribs. If you have a 2 for 1 coupon even better. If your by yourself eat one there and take the other back to the room for a late night meal. Strange thing though you can't order the ribs to go, but you can request a doggie bag.:confused2:

Oh, and the steak is a pretty good value too.

5. luckylinda

luckylinda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first of November only had to swipe player card for a coupon slip at a machine by the slot club for the special. We did play but it was after eating. Well worth it for the price, steak or ribs both tasty.

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go for breakfast....the vanilla French toast is great!

7. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had their prime rib dinner several times. It's very good. Not a huge cut but adequate and has always come medium rare as ordered. It's $12.99 and includes all the sides.

8. VivaMattyVegas

VivaMattyVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite at Ellis is their shrimp dinner. Not their steak & shrimp dinner, those are different shrimp. Their shrimp dinner has 5 HUGE fried shrimp, choice of potato and soup/salad

9. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all my years of going to Vegas, I've had Ellis Island prime rib medium rare over 20 times and have NEVER had a bad one. $12.99 with sides and a craft beer.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The prime rib is one of my faves at EI. It's not well trimmed but it's real prime rib and not another roast passed off as it like they do at some of the buffets. You get all the fixings as the steak dinner including the microbrew. Another one of my favorites is the ham steak breakfast. The ham is as big as the plate and then they squeeze the eggs and everything else on their. Just love it! I love the french toast but I think that's a missed opportunity. I know restaurants like to do french toast either on it's own or with bacon or sausage but they would kill with some sort of full platter breakfast featuring the french toast. Fortunately their ala carte items are so reasonable so you can kinda make your own.

11. stripes46

stripes46 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent Steak Special

Every trip to Vegas we have at least one visit to Ellis Island for the "not on the menu" steak special. Have always had a great steak with seasoned green beans, mashed (or baked) potatoes and a EI brewed beer. It can't be bad if you keep going back and I keep going back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.