1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ellis Island Brewery

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TXCajuns, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with a fellow Ohio native. The beer itself is better at Ellis Island. The atmosphere of 777 wins hands down. The next trip we're heading into Aces & Ales to check it out.

2. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG, that is so funny to hear. I thought it was just me. First off to the OP: yes, EI is cheap and great. They have good specials although on our last trip we realized the non-special menu prices were creeping up a bit. I like the steak special as well as the corned beef hash and eggs.

Now about the hostess: On our last trip there we put our name in and then went to play. After a while we realized it'd been kinda too long (wasn't THAT busy) so we went back to check. The hostess had changed out and the new one had an attitude. I politely asked if we'd been forgotten or had missed hearing our name. She didn't even look at her clipboard and said "No". I looked down to see where we were on the list and she immediately took the clipboard away and put it on the counter behind her. I got kinda flustered and expressed my surprise at how she was being. She said something about not wanting people looking at her clipboard. I pointed out that she did not know who we were and didn't look at her clipboard so had no way of knowing if we'd been overlooked and that I was a bit upset at her attitude about it and response to me. So I THEN gave her my name (which she hadn't even asked for till then), she turned around and looked at her clipboard, and turned back to me and said, "How about I seat you now? Would that be OK?" LOL

Seriously, the service there is sometimes a little ummmmm New York ish (it is Ellis Island after all) but its never been unbearably so. Usually when we politely point out the problem they will take care of it. We have had many more good experiences than bad there and we ALWAYS hit it at least once a trip. Usually two or 3 times on a long trip.

3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time i was there i had the root beer and REALLY enjoyed it.

4. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i am no expert, I do drink a lot of different beers, ale, etc. I really enjoy the amber at the Ellis, I always feel a loss, if I don't make it there for a beer and some VP.:licklips:

5. mted58

mted58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go there every trip, the $7.99 steak dinner special is well worth it. We've had a grumpy hostess also but we just thought it was because we had a large group and she was annoyed by all of us!!!

6. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aces and Ales is GREAT!!!!!! It's quite a ways off the strip though, so I hope you'll have a car.

A nice dark locals bar with a GREAT beer selection. The staff is really friendly and it is a great place to burn a few hours drinking some brew and playing Video Poker. The food is really good too!

7. kidrice

kidrice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard that the BBQ was good here, but I've never pulled the trigger to go there. I hate waiting in lines, but that is usually a good indicator that the food is good.

8. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    get there at 4pom and let the first rush die down. Then put your name on the list and sit around waiting for an hour - they will call your name when your table is ready and you can do a bit of gambling and drink the microbrew.. its much more pleasant than waiting in line... also join the players club in that time and get a discount on the food!

9. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Pinny thanks for the recommendation we're looking forward to checking out. Aces. & Ales

10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slow service is one thing but slow and rude/unfriendly service will not be tolerated by us. Add to the fact that it's smokey, not very clean looking, and a 15 minute walk from the strip. All that doesn't justify the price, in our opinion. I realize that many others love it.

11. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we also love the metro pizza at ellis island and they have an awesome bacon and egg breakfast that we try to have once per trip.

the menu in the restaurant is huge and there is a lot of good food.

12. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree completely! My wife and I (we're very casual diners) tried it last year after hearing what a great deal it was, and we were very disappointed by both the service and the quality. We're not planning to make a return trip anytime soon.

13. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been going there every trip for at least 20 years now and the steak special has never disappointed me yet. The metro pizza is pretty good too.

14. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best steak and eggs bargain in town, and now that they are deep-frying those 'home-fry' potatoes the entire plate is quite edible. I have never had trouble with service at breakfast. I once stood in line for the outside barbecue feast; service was one visit where they piled the table with enough food to keep you busy and left you to yourself. At dinner they are notorious for enforcing a fifteen minute wait to see if they can get a little gambling play from you. Annoying, but it harkens back to the carnie atmosphere that Ellis still retains.

15. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it in walking distance from Bally's, or will we need to drive or take a cab?

16. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can walk it in about 10 minutes or so. Walk out the side exit of Ballys on Flamingo drive and you will be able to see it directly behind ballys.

17. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!! Time is getting short, and I am so ready, even though my husband is hesitant about leaving his business right now. But he needs the break!! :beer:

18. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im always hesitant about business obligations, family obligations etc., it lasts right until I shut my cell phone off on the plane! Then it just drifts away!!

19. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!! I think he will be okay when we get there, or at least get onto the plane. But he so needs a break, so I will let him veg in the room a few times while I am out winning $$$$$$$. At least I can't wait!!

20. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I just want Lord Calvert...

Do they have it??

:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.