1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez Transportation

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Trailer666, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trailer666

Trailer666 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if there was some sort of shuttle to the airport from the El Cortez other than than Showtime. I thought I recall someone on this board mentioning that the El Cortez has some kind of unofficial shuttle.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the El Cortez does indeed provide a shuttle TO the airport for hotel guests. You must register for the shuttle 24 hours in advance, showing your room key for your room. I'm not sure of the shuttle schedule ... ask at front desk. A tip to the driver is always a good idea, as well ....

3. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There a Lincoln Town Car that will take you to the airport on a first-come, first-served basis between 7 am - 2 pm everyday except Saturday. It's not a schedule per se because it won't run if nobody's going. No transportation is provided to the hotel, and a shuttle generally runs $10-$12 to downtown.

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the El Cortez in the Towers as I write this. The information above is correct. The shuttle from the airport I think is round trip, though I haven't taken it for 3 years. I took the WAX bus here yesterday a bit after 1, and was downtown in about 30 minutes. I walked to the El Cortez and registered for the room, then for the shuttle.

Jimbo338

5. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the town car booked to the airport a couple weeks ago but my departure times changed so I just walked down I think it is ogden to the wax stop by binion`s to go to the airport.

the wax is fantastic and only 2 bucks to boot.

6. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are a guest there, they have a daily shuttle(except saturday) in a lincoln town car to the airport, you can register ahead of time. The driver is a nice guy, typically it's me and maybe another group of two, I tip him $5 and he seems fine with it.

7. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always take the WAX to and from the airport. It has multiple stops in downtown. You can grab it about on Fremont and Las Vegas Blvd. I usually arrive and depart on a week day, so I'm not sure what the schedule looks like on weekends. Its dirt cheap at $2 per person each way.

8. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always buy our shuttle tickets with our plane tickets. Used it last year for El Co. and had no problems other than being the last stop and the first pickup, meaning we had to sit on the shuttle for quite a while. Maybe that's what bothered me about the last trip, I felt like i spent too much time on the shuttles and the Duce.

9. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I see a new Black Town Car parked next to the Valet Parking at the entrance to EC so I guess they bought a new one las year....nice!

Jimbo338

10. Trailer666

Trailer666 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info everyone. I know what you mean about those shuttles from the Airport. I remember an hour plus trip downtown awhile ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.