1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

eating healthy(er)(ish) center Strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by AceRothstein80, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Vegas for July 4th-8th, and have been on a diet change lately, since Im cutting wait for a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament in August. So I don't wanna load up on my usual trips of buffets/burgers/and fried food all week.

Im staying at Mirage. I prob wanna eat alot of Sushi(casual places), Deli meats, grilled chicken/fish, and light breakfasts and just anything not overly fried, or totally unhealthy. I will brake down and eat 2-3 fat bastard specials for the trip, i wanna limit my bad meals to that.

Any suggestions, within a decent walk from the Mirage?

2. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For lots of meat you may want to try an all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse like Pampas which I think is in the PHo Miracle Mile center. You can also take the Harrahs to Rio shuttle and check out Rio's seafood buffet. Can't speak from personal experience on either, but it's worth researching.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mings Table across the street at Harrahs is casual and has sushi

4. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Healthy foods

For breakfast go next door to Treasure Island Hotel and eat breakfast
    at the Kaunaville. They serve a large platter filled with fresh fruits.
    It is beautifully filled with strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, cantalope,
    etc. FRUIT is super healthy!
    Or..... You can order a veggie omlette for breakfast. Just tell them what veggies you want in your omlette.

You can also cross the Bridge from Treasure to the Fashion Mall and find
    something to eat at their FOOD COURT.
    You can also cross the bridge to go eat at Wynn Hotel for a fancy meal.
    I am sure they will grill the meats and grill the veggies or steam them.

Harrah's Buffet: They have sushi, baked fish, veggies, fruits, salads, prime rib, etc.
    All you have to do is control yourself and eat healthy. If you can't control
    yourself don't go there. Lucy

5. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since being in shape is a goal, a walk over to Aria might be good.

I am converting to a strictly healthy diet so I am willing to go out of my way to eat something healthy that tastes good.
    I am not sure if you are willing to go to the same lengths for a a healthy meal, but here is a suggestion.

In Aria, barMASA has these fantastic HIBACHI GRILLED chicken skewers with a choice of brown or white rice. $28.00.

As a side note, brown rice is much healthier than white rice.

http://www.healthiertalk.com/8-reasons-why-brown-rice-healthier-white-rice-3617

It is is an acquired taste that after a few years I myself have acquired. When I first started to eat it, I could barely swallow one bite.
    I actually prefer it to white rice now.

The barMASA decor makes eating there a pleasure. The bathrooms are cleaner than most dining areas at other restaurants.

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think buffets can be healthy. You can take a small portion of something as a treat. Otherwise there's a big variety of veg/salads/fruit. I've switched to a gluten free diet in the last few months. I'm not worried about what I'm going to eat between the coffee shops and buffets.

7. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, buffets may be an option if I stay away from the fried crap and all the canned junk thats slopped together. It will be tough tho.

I wanna stick to like a meat and salad regime. Not too much bread, breaded/fried stuff, and no sweets

8. vegasiscool

vegasiscool Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you consider chipotle healthy, there is one across the street from the mirage...next to harrah's.

You can also pick up fruits and nuts at walgreens which is also across the street between venetian and palazzo.

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Buffet.

Yes, yes, yes, I know, I think buffets are about as special on vacation as a cancelled flight. But it's a place where you can have some control over the inputs.

On the flip side, sashimi for dinner.

10. GoFlamesGo

GoFlamesGo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can walk up to fashion show for a subway.

you can get a falafel burger (with no mayo/sause) at BLT in the Mirage

you can get grilled sandwiches at vdara market that aren't too bad, or you can get similar hot sandwiches at Earl of sandwich in PH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.