1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Easy come, easy go...." Part 2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jer, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

Jer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

As I left off, I was playing poker at the MC... I had been taking pots, but they were SMALL! I played for awhile after that and couldn't get anything going. I actually got taken a few times by the "River Lovers."

I have heard about the Orleans room, so we grabbed the cab out there to see what was up. The 5 dealers we had were below average. The players were tight and were extremely experienced. I lost a my buy in of $100 in 2 hours which wasn't horrible, but still being inexperienced I learned a lot...

After that we hit the Mirage... Terry, this place is cool. Nice room, great dealers, and even though the players meant business, they were cool. This was Jesse's turn again. He had all the cards. Hit quads FOUR FREAKING TIMES in an hour to beat a flush or trips! No huge rakes for me, I did have pocket aces once and ended up with the A high flush after the 4th heart hit the board. Betting was capped before the flop and the turn, and I had to stay in!

It was time to go back to the Bay, and I wanted to avenge my loss in the high limit area. So I slapped down $500 and went to work. It was win, loss, win loss.... I was completely even after 5 shuffles. I went up to $200 just to see what it would do for my luck. I won the first one, lost the next one, etc... Same exact thing, 5 more shuffles and I am completely even. Jesse comes by and says the craps tables are hopping, so I take my tie and go over there. We squeeze into a table and realize that it is a $25 table. After a few rollers, I was up $200 bucks and just wanted to eat... I went back to the high limit area and asked the pitboss if he could do anything as far as food. $50 at House of Blues hit the spot and Jesse and I left there very full and a bit tired. Jesse, the die hard madman that he is, wanted to go up to the room. He bailed and I went back to the high limit table which was empty at the moment. I love playing head to head on a high limit table. I took my $700 and bought in. The dealer was the same girl who was so much fun the day before. After playing and laughing with a few key doubles and splits, I was up $1200. This was great, I could do no wrong... But then... Who was there to tap her? That same ice queen that crushed me before. There is a saying that if you lose three in a row, you should get up and go. Wish I would have followed that. I lost on two doubles with the 6 showing. I lost on aces split again with the 5 showing to have her build to 21. Before I knew it, I was only up $200 and pissed.

After the beating, I was still up $400 for both games and Just pondering on what could have been... I went up and told Jesse about the ice queen crushing me again and he just laughed at me and told me to shrug it off because I still came out on top. It was then determined that we needed to go downtown. ElCo here I come!!! I sat down and played some hold'em there. It was me and all over 70 gentlemen(3 with the oxygen...) This had to be one of the funniest games I have ever seen. So many bitches and moans about every little thing on earth. After about 30 minutes, I was done and played BJ.

The funny thing about playing BJ at the ElCo is that when you play $25 dollars a hand, they WATCH you. I got on a nice streak and then two ladies were watching me. Jesse was playing slots and had wandered over and commented on the hawks and how obvious it was. I was up $800 and started betting $100 a hand and then one of them got on the phone! On the last hand, there had been no aces so I bet $500 and got the blackjack! The lady came over and told me nice job and that I sure looked like I knew what was coming by the size of my bets on certain hands. I smiled and said that luck was on my side and it was mainly because the great dealers that he ElCo has! She laughed and said thank you and backed off. At this point I was up about $2200 I think and started going $200 a hand. This is where I started to lose. I played the winnings down to $1400 and called it a session.

I found Jesse, he was up a few hundred after playing VP. We walked over to the canopy and hit the Nugget. Nothing was going on, we played craps for a little while and donated $200 to the "I suck" fund... After that, a few mudslides were in order so we hit the LVC. After the beating I took there in July, I am scared to play there! Jesse played some BJ, I watched and he rolled up a few extra hundreds from the LVC... I told him it was because of the mudslides. After that, we headed back to the nugget where we saw a limo and said what the heck... "Gary" was great! He was very cordial and insisted that he just leave the driving to him while we relaxed. I swear it had only been 15 minutes, but the hour had come up and he wanted to know if there was anywhere we needed to be dropped off at and it didn't matter if went over the time limit to get there. We told him the Bellagio and he said good because his girlfriend worked there as a waitress and he could sneak a peek at her. After dropping us off, we said goodbye to Gary and he told us to go and win big. After hitting some luck last time at the 15/30 tables there, I convinced Jesse to sit and try it. We bought in for $300 and saw the stacks of chips around the table. I could get absolutely no cards. Jesse on the other hand was battling. He took a few pots and before I knew it he had $1000 in front of him. The blind passed me twice and I still had nothing to come in with. After the next hand was dealt, I threw my cards AGAIN!!! All of a sudden, I heard Jesse say, "RAISE!" I looked at him and he had the stone face going. Honestly folks, when he does that, he is bluffing and trying to build a pot. With guys like these though, I don't know what he is doing. 3 people get out and Jesse gets re-raised. 2 more bail and the next guy re-raises again. Jesse caps it and has not even flinched with his expression. So, the flop comes A,K,K all different suits. Jesse bets $15, the next guy raises, and then the next guy gets out. Jesse re-raises him and the guy fires back and re-raises him again. Jesse calls, still not moving a facial muscle. The turn is a 2 of clubs, and Jesse fires out $30 and is quickly raised again. Jesse re-raises and the guy starts to really stare Jesse down. He calls and then the river hits and it is a 4 of hearts. Jesse fires out the $30 and finally lets his guard down and sort of looked puzzled the guy says "AHA!!!, RE-RAISE..." Jesse, being the smartass that he is, says "AHA, and I re-raise you young grasshopper...." The guy is just sitting there with this half pissed, half I don't know what to do face. He calls Jesse. The guy says, "you better have pocket aces to beat me..." Jesse flips his cards! The most beautiful set of pocket aces I have ever seen. The table goes "Whoaaaaaa....." and the guy almost flips up what he had, but then didn't... Big slick, was a monster hand there but going up against lucky SOB like my partner on a rush is deadly. I honestly thought he was bluffing to try to get people out and steal the blind! [​IMG]

After a about an hour of getting to come in on 1 freakin' hand, we called it a night. I left the table with $185 out of $300 and Jesse turned his $300 into close to $1600. Not bad! Well, we hiked it out of there and grabbed a cab back to the MB. This Saturday went very fast, it was already 10:00 and we had to be at the airport at 6 in the morning. Jesse was done for the day, but I couldn't get the high limit area out of my system. I go over there and she is no where in sight thank goodness... I buy in for $500 and proceed to lose it in 5 hands... WHY WHY WHY???? I can't play there anymore, ever... I play a little mini-bac and lose a few hundred more and then call it a night. After getting up there, I find that Jesse isn't there. Hmmm... Maybe he is getting some food or something. Still being a little hungry, I grab out the phone book and see if there are any places that still delivered( I forgot I was in Vegas... [​IMG] ) I ordered and it was there suprisingly within an hour. Jesse, still wasn't... I called his cell and I heard it ring in the room, so there was no way to find out where he was. I wasn't worried, but I was just REALLY curious to see what he was doing. I got all me stuff together to be able to grab it and go in the morning and put my head down and watched TV. Around 2:30, Jesse stumbles in the room drunk as hell... I guess he had gone down and played craps at the Luxor for awhile and cleaned up! After that, he took his profits and pissed them away at, you guessed it, the high limit area downstairs... He started to cram a piece of pizza in his mouth and he fell back on the bed and passed out! Oh well, the guy deserves a little sleep after the beating he took!

The morning goes well, and we end up getting to the airport way TOO early! Thinking we would have a crazy Sunday morning security fiasco, we got there two hours before. It took us a grand total of 15 minutes to get through. Jesse is still in the "I'm half drunk" mode and I am just replaying everything back in my head so I can remember it for the trip report. To pass the time, we play VP for awhile and Jesse hits a royal for $1000. That guy kills me. After that, we get some overpriced food and coffee and then we board the plane. We, like SF Mike, sat in the six facing seats and had noboby even come ner us! Nice to be able to stretch out for an hour... When the lady comes by to ask us what we want, Jesse is out cold. I tell her to give him an OJ and I would pour it on him to wake him up!

So, all in all it was a cool trip. I can't wait to go back in March and bet on my lucky 11 and 12 seeds!!! Hope you enjoyed it!

2. Heathcat

Heathcat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just when I thought the trip report was winding down your friend Jesse hits a ROYAL at THE AIRPORT?!?! Good God! :eek:

I was highly entertained- thanks!! [​IMG]

3. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dang Jer...

Taking that pot at the Mirage would've put me over the edge! Man, what a great weekend you had.

Save some of that mojo for next month. And no, we will not be going into the High Limit Room. The Champagne Room, maybe, but NO High Limit Room. [​IMG]

Mikey

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the beating you took Jer. But can I rub Jesse's head for luck?? :cool:

Kitty

5. Scott R

Scott R Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jer,
    I really enjoyed your report, good luck in March.

[ February 05, 2004, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

6. cruiser

cruiser High-Roller

Jer,

Your reports are a great read and my head is still spinning from all your gambling activities. Thanks for sharing! How were you able to keep track of everything you guys did?

T-132
    [​IMG]

7. NEON

NEON Tourist

Great report Jer!
    Jesse sounds like my buddy who seems to be the luckiest SOB alive sometimes...
    There is another saying Jer, rake me once, shame on you, rake me twice, shame on me! I have learned too the hard way that some dealers are just unbeatable... [​IMG]

8. D-train

D-train Tourist

Brilliant Vegas Jer..simply brilliant..a great read..sounds like a great time

9. ritilinkid

ritilinkid Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. [​IMG]

10. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what a great report!

sounds like my kind of vegas trip, lots of gambling and very little sleep!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.