1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Easiest time of year to get around Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Mider999, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mider999

Mider999 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont really know where this kind of question should go. But I guess it goes to this area the most, since im trying to get around Las Vegas as easy and painlessly as possible. I have a choice of going to Las Vegas in November 15-19, or December 20th to the 24th. Both are weekends. What I want to know is which time of year is more crowded. I went during the summertime once and it wasnt so bad. We had to wait in line to eat maybe 5 or 10 minunutes, but that wasnt so much of a hastle, my travel companion complaines alot about walking, so we're going to use the taxi to go from show to show. But im still worried about the crowds because im not interested in waiting in line to eat for 20 or 30 minutes. So what time of year is best to go? December or November?

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crowds are a part of Vegas; but to answer your question, I believe the week (plus or minus a few days) leading up to Xmas has traditionally been the least busy and least expensive time of year. Be advised that some shows and a few restaurants may be closed, but many folks, including us, really enjoy being in Vegas during that "slack" time. Hope that helps.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there last year 10 days before Xmas and it was pretty dead. Everywhere. Got around no problem at all.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been right before Thanksgiving but based on the offers I get for that time period, I can't believe it's all that busy. As long as you avoid the rodeo, it should be mostly dead.

5. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally speaking----cold/winter months. Specifically-weeks before/after Christmas. Weeks before/after TG. Why? No conventions. These are times that familes generally spend with love ones.

6. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in Vegas during Thanksgiving once, during the height of popularity. It wasn't dead, but it was definitely thinned. Had an awesome Thanksgiving day buffet and didn't have to clean a single plate! :thumbsup:

7. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were in LV during Thanksgiving week in 2011 (Sat-Fri). It was pretty darn quiet until Wendesday evening. I loved going this time of year aside from the fact that a few of our favorite bartops were closed early in the week due to the lower customer volume.

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By far the quietest time is around 3rd week of December. Just look for when all the shows are dark, that is the quietest time.

Week right after xmas is busy, as is new years.

9. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have traveled on Thanksgiving day to Las Vegas and once on Christmas day. Very thin crowds around Thanksgiving and things were very sane the day after Christmas. One thing I found odd, the crowds were not insane at Fashion Show Mall the day after Christmas.

10. Mider999

Mider999 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zarkana, Terry Fator, and KA sites say that they will NOT be dark because you can purchase tickets right now for those dates in Dec, and Nov.

I'm just wondering if Penn and Tell will be there and Mac King

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.