1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Easiest Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by YoungGun, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

So I was just thinking about what the easiest comps are. I'm a relatively low roller. I play a few hundred a day and am satisfied with discount/comp rooms for future stays, but the occasional freebie is nice. I've noticed some of my old go to comps may not be as easy as they once were.

My old top 5 easiest comps:
    1) Drinks - Still pretty easy to get.
    2) Golden Gate Deli - This used to be so easy to get. Most pit bosses would hook you up with a shrimp cocktail and a sandwich for just about any play. Now the deli is gone and the shrimp cocktail is served only in the diner so I think this is a thing of the past.
    3) Buffet line pass - This was another easy one that you could usually get with a few hours of play, especially in poker rooms. They don't seem as easy anymore now that most line pass benefits are tied into players club tier programs. Also, CET started charging for line passes so there's actually a monetary value attached to theirs now.
    4) Las Vegas Hilton The Buffet - I ate this one so often since it was pretty easy to get as a discretionary comp. I have not tried it since they became LVH.
    5) Downtown buffets - Still pretty easy to get. Surprisingly easy to get at Golden Nugget.

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The breakfast buffet (Mon. thru Fri.) at Main Street Station is an easy comp since you don't have to go through a host ... but just go to the clerk at the player's club. Generally, cycling 2K will do it (no deduction of points needed). The Saturday/Sunday champagne brunch will require more like 4K.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The easiest of all: free parking on the Strip! I know most people don't think of it as a comp, but free is free

4. zenvegas

zenvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be pretty easy getting a buffet comp at the CET properties. However now it seems its all about math and they will deduct points.
    Are the pit bosses still handing out comps if you ask and you've been playing for a few hours?

5. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not really ,but if your play warent's it mgm will if your not staying there

6. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

At Las Vegas CET properties can you ask the Total Rewards desk or pit boss for a buffet voucher (even if they have to deduct points) and then take the voucher up to the buffet with the voucher also acting as a line pass? The local Harrah's does that upon request which helps out us none Platinum/7S people.

7. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sssssssshhhhh!

Please, don't give them any ideas. :evillaugh

8. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

Too late :(

Per Hooters:
    Our Resort fee includes overnight self-parking, free access telephone connections (i.e., “800 numbers”), unlimited local telephone service (as defined by the applicable telephone service provider), unlimited access to high-speed internet in the guest room, unlimited use of the fitness center, two bottles of drinking water per guest room, and a Keurig Coffee Pot with 2 K-cups included.

The best was when my friend and I were staying at Gold Spike a few years ago right after they had remodeled and started charging a resort fee. Their resort fee included parking, wifi, fitness center, and bottled water. The bar area was full of locals taking advantage of the unprotected wifi, the fitness center wasn't open, and we only got the water on the first day as apparently housekeeping had limited hours and were always gone by the time we woke up. The best part was the parking. We couldn't find parking in their small parking lot so my friend called the front desk and they gave us directions to their "parking structure" which turned out to be the El Cortez parking structure. :evillaugh

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A breakfast/lunch buffet comp at Wynn is surprisingly easy to score from a pit boss.

Everything is relative, of course. It is Wynn, so you aren't going to get it for playing 15 minutes of $5 BJ. But if you spend any significant time at the tables (in my experience, craps is your best bet), and are friendly and personable, the odds are good the pit boss will offer you a free buffet pass. If he doesn't, ask for one.

10. honestaj

honestaj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not had good luck at cet properties. Do you just ask pit boss. What should my level of play be.Wll 10-25 per hand of bj work for about 1 hr

11. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried at CET in Vegas and been turned down even after hours of play, but at my local CET the pit bosses are much more loose with the comps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.