1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

earth limo quote for airport pickup

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ozmouse, Jun 6, 2016.

1. ozmouse

ozmouse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just received quote from earth limo for pick up from airport.

This is for july midweek midday pickup in escalade, and i specified i wanted to make super liquor stop and then cruise from welcome sign to SLS, with drop off at Cosmopolitan.

Was quoted $137.69 with no cost breakdown other than saying it included gratuity, taxes, and fuel with 10% promo discount applied.

i have since written back asking for breakdown of quote.

Few queries -

I was not expecting that much. I was estimating 1.5 hours max. Website says escalade starts at $58/hr. Im guessing they are quote 2 hours. Bit much?

Secondly, gratuity included? I read on the boards here to tip driver directly. I am a foreigner here, looking for clarification.

Thirdly, limo companies charge for fuel??!!

What taxes to expect?

I guess the other option is to book a generic one way airport transfer and haggle with driver re route and tip accordingly?

What would you expect to pay for one way airport transfer charge should be for mid week mid day? (im guessing it is not half of round trip specials advertised).

cheers
    ozmouse

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Companies of all kind try to add charges. The fuel charge is stupid and a rip off, just like the airlines. Check a few other postings here for some options. That seems high. We just take a taxi or Uber, unless we get a comped limo.

As to liquor, there are drug stores on every corner with lots of options. If you are at Cosmo, the biggest one of the strip is across the street at Walgreens in front of Planet Ho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got two quotes from them for June 17 (Friday morning 7ish). They quoted 100.46 for pickup and straight to Mirage. It said nothing about gratuity, etc. and nothing about the return trip.

The second quote was 155.84 if we also wanted to go by the Vegas sign. Also didn't say anything about gratuity or return trip.

Both quotes were for a stretch and both say 1 hour.

I decided to give Presidential another try. Their price came down a little since our trip last year, and I'm hoping we get our preferred driver this time.

Finally!
  4. ozmouse

ozmouse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for replies.... that's more than i got from earth limos... they did not bother to reply to with my direct queries re quote. so they are off the list.

yes, will probably just get an uber. i know what im getting there.

only saw the chat here about limos, and the posted costs look than a feasible option. but indeed, only complicated trip planning by having to deal with extra logistics.

see ya in vegas!

cheers
    ozmouse

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not going to try to break down the quote you got.

If you don't need the whole being greeted with a sign thing, the best way is to just get your bags and then go to a kiosk outside the terminal. You don't pay for any waiting time that way. One hour should be enough to do what you want to do.

Presidential's base rate for an Escalade is $58, so you should be able to get it all done for $90 or less, including a $20 tip to the driver.

6. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope this goes well. I'm a little lukewarm on Presidential after our last experience w/them...still trying to decide, myself, what to do for this trip.

7. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope so too. When we can't get Ted, it's really been hit or miss on the drivers. We didn't like the driver we got last year and, combined with the price jump they had last year in spite of lower gas prices, I decided to look at other places. Unfortunately, I didn't find a price I liked.

Finally!
  8. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Omni last time. Quote included gratuity and all surcharges unlike all the other companies. Changed from presidential and very happy I did. It was so good I tipped more than what was included. Clean car, nice driver, prompt service.

Hope you enjoy the ride whatever you decide.