1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Earning rate of CET/TR tier credits playing BJ

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Happygirl21, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so I get the different tier levels ( I'm currently plat) but what I woukd like to know is what "formula" is it they use to determine your tier credits.

Let's say I buy in a $25. BJ game with a grand, bet 25 to 75 per hand and hang in there, if my bank roll will allow, 8 to 10 hours. Do you think this would get me anywhere?

Of course, if the gambling gods are feeling kind and smiling down on me my bets would be pressed..

I can never make rhyme or reason of it. It seems sometimes I earn more at a 10. table than I do in a high limit room???

In the planning phase.
  2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET considers this proprietary information, for some reason, and will not tell you. I have calculated based on my own data that you earn 1.5-1.6 tier credits per hour per dollar bet on BJ games at CET. So in your case, betting at a $50 average for 10 hours would earn you about 750 tier credits.

If you are varying your bets, a lot will depend on how the pit actually rates you, so after a long session it definitely makes sense to ask them what they think your average bet was. Especially as a "happygirl" you might be able to get them to bump it up.

3. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres no logic.just go with the flow.rember there are extra tier exceloratiors now.

for ur level you will get all the free rooms u want thats about it.

4. LandryBalla9

LandryBalla9 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am rated at $50 per hour at a few CET properties (positively as I know the pit boss) and normally play around 8 hours and afterwards am normally up about 600 credits. Not sure if that helps but I normally also get this 125 tier credit bonus based on my "activity", which if you play $50 hands for at least 8 hours per day you will almost always receive.

It's silly, MLife will tell you what you're rated, etc over the phone but CET- you actually need to be at the property and ask someone in TR or the pit staff.

5. MarcRV

MarcRV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check with the pit boss

Like LandryBalla9 says it's always good to check your rating with the pit boss when your session is complete to make sure they saw your actual play and not just one lower bet hand. I make sure that I do this especially if I'm playing during multiple pit boss shifts and/or changing bet amounts. The eyes can't see everything.

6. LandryBalla9

LandryBalla9 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That last part about talking with the pit boss about your rating is imperative. Last week on my trip I was rated, somehow to my disbelief, $15 a hand (it was the table min and perhaps I made that bet two or three times all night out of a thousand hands) and when I found this out from TR it was likely because it was a new pit boss who I didn't know and because I didn't ask at the end of my session what I was rated at. Stay on them, in a friendly manner of course, because they can raise your average bet for the hell of it if they like you, you're there a lot, etc.

7. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I typically do try to have/make some sort of connection with pb as well as dealers. I figure if I'm sitting there ( hopefully) all day it's just more comfortable. I will be sure to inquire at the end anyway.

Like I have said elsewhere, I am "tied" to CET b/c the availability of locations ( I'm in NJ) but I wonder if Boyd props treat their players a little better or more generously?

In the planning phase.
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.