1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Early Bird Check In... SW

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Backagain1, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are your thoughts on SW Airlines and Early Bird Check In? We are going as a group and want to sit together but with no seating assignments are unsure how to guarantee we can do this.

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early Bird Check-in improves your boarding position over trying to check yourself in at or after the 24 hour mark. I think it is worth it if you are flying a busy route and you want to be seated together. There are still lots of ways to get boarded before the Early Bird folks, so it is no guarantee, but it's usually enough to get you on the plane while there are still seats together. I consider it part of te cost of airfare, and adjust my price comparisons accordingly.

3. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say its very much recommended especially if there are 3 or more of you. One time I signed in 15 minutes after check in started, and I was already well into the "B" boarding group. It was a good thing the flight was only a little more than half full. Another time coming back from Florida I did not have internet access, and I was stuck in the back of the plane next to a young child for 2 and a half hours.

4. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its worth it to me. Not only do you get a head start on checking in, but it is done automatically...better than stopping what you are doing and getting to a computer when you are trying to have fun in Vegas...

5. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah i have to agree with these guys. Just spend the $20 and do the early check in. From most of the southwest flights I've taken to vegas, unless you have the early check-in you are not gonna be able to find more than 2 seats together if you are in B or C seating

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My flight originates in NH so I always did pretty well, but I have over 6 hours to fly usually and since I don't fly frequently it is worth the extra $20 esp the return flight which is usually full. Considering we don't have to pay the ridiculous bag fees, EBCI is a good deal, at least in my mind, for me.

Jimbo338

7. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done! Thank you.

8. Tellafriend

Tellafriend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, i agree, do it. Just read today that SW is raising their prices for this seating prefernce starting Jan 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.