1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

e-rewards

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by npom, Jul 29, 2016.

1. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently signed up for e rewards. You go online and take surveys and a rewarded with e reward dollars that you can use to purchase gift cards and other things. I have been purchasing southwest rapid rewards points. For $100 in e rewards money you get 2400 RR points. I was wondering if anyone else uses this and what you think of it.

2. Mandinga

Mandinga Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't used them recently but tried them several years ago and didn't find it worth my time. I've been using swagbucks and seem to earn about $25 a month with very little effort.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. They hardly ever had any surveys I was eligible to complete so I rarely got anything from them.

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kinda figure out how to be eligible for more surveys but sadly I stopped doing it even though I get emails daily.

Probably got 6k RR points in a year or so

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  5. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been doing it for about two years and have earned around 13000 RR points. That's enough for a one-way flight from Buffalo. It doesn't take a whole lot of effort, but I do sometimes quit a survey part-way through if I feel like the questions are too intrusive. I figure free is free. We also have the SW credit card which we now use instead of our debit cards for everyday purchases. Pay it off every month and in September DH and I will be flying free for the second year in a row, not counting the $99 annual fee for the card.

6. FLHfan

FLHfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check for new surveys daily and lately I've been getting around a hundred dollars worth every six weeks. Just switched over from RR points to Holiday Inn express to get some free hotel nights. Seems worth it to me.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did e-Rewards several years ago and probably got several thousand Southwest points over the course of a couple of years. If you're older and want to get a lot of surveys, lie about your demographic info.

I found increasingly, I was only doing the really quick surveys, so the points weren't adding up as fast. It wasn't worth the time to do the longer surveys, they were just getting too long and the survey techniques were getting annoying, like seemingly endlessly rearranging a set of preferences vs each other. So I just stopped.

I got an email a few weeks ago inviting me back, but I'm not doing it.

8. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quit about 18 months ago. They stopped offering JetBlue points and also dropped the Wall Street journal.

Bonus early day Downtown
    Annual end of the rodeo trip
  9. carolineno

carolineno High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to do it, but then I became increasingly disgusted with Southwest, so I stopped. If you like Southwest, it's a great way to put yourself over the top with points.

10. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually trade in the e-rewards dollars for Hertz points, I've accumulated almost a free rental week, seemed to be a better value than the SWA points

11. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today I tried to buy another $100 SWA award but it wouldn't let me because it hadn't been 30 days yet since my last purchase. Can you buy a $50 and $100 in the same period or is it 1 SWA award per month of any size?

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was doing it, one award per month, that was a restriction put on by SWA. So if I didn't need the points right away, I'd wait until right before I needed them so I'd get the max amount.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've received thousands of Southwest points by doing these surveys. It's great!

• Agree Agree x 1