1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Duece/SDX or monorail?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by shawnj1, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying downtown for my upcoming trip but will be going to the strip at least twice as I will split time between there and downtown? Is it worth it to buy a 3 day monorail pass and a 3 day bus pass? I say this because once you get to the station at SLS it seems so much faster to use the monorail and most of my place would be mid/south strip. Any opinions?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, stick with the bus. Sdx has fewer stops so is not so bad. Switching to monorail would mean getting off bus, walking through SLS, waiting for the next pickup, and then a walk through at the other end. Doubt you would save much time.

3. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the idea of taking SDX to SLS and hopping on the monorail to go further down the strip. I've done the reverse of this before on a couple of occasions (Strip to Downtown) and it works great. Nevyn is correct that it probably won't save a lot of time, but the monorail is certainly roomier than the SDX.

If your south strip destination(s) include MGM, NYNY, Excalibur, or Tropicana - or you will be heading back downtown from this area - then I highly recommend taking the WAX from downtown to the Las Vegas Blvd @ Tropicana strip stop. The WAX option will be quicker than either the SDX or SDX/monorail combo, but the WAX runs less frequently than the SDX or monorail. Link to the WAX schedule. You can pick up the WAX to go back downtown on Tropicana in front of NYNY.

4. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know that it matters much, but you don't need to walk through SLS to get to the monorail from the SDX bus drop off.

5. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or.. I am new to lyft, I believe they have some new sign u promotions... Maybe lyft/uber to monorail?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.