1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Driving to Vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by BC_Todd, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BC_Todd

BC_Todd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are making a week long year end road trip from Vancouver BC to Vegas to be there on NYE.

We will be staying at the Monte Carlo and using their valet parking.

Is there a auto detailer that could clean up our car while we are celebrating during our three day stay?

Any other thoughts or tips about driving down the I 5 in late December?:peace:

2. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Kem59

Kem59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Driving? Do you like to drive? You could drive to Bellingham Washington and catch an Allegiant flight and save tons of time & wear and tare. And with the price of fuel (thinking there is 2 of you) it may be cheaper to fly. Just a thought. :drunk:

4. BC_Todd

BC_Todd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Kem, got a new benz and want to let the ponies fly!:thumbsup:

5. Kem59

Kem59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent. Hope the weather holds for you. Can do most anything that time of year. Enjoy! Good luck. And let her rip.......Zooooooooom!:thumbsup:

6. richardinbc

richardinbc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Todd, you should not have any problem getting you car detailed. Some hotels will have a detailer on their premises. You may get a better deal from a car wash in a suburban area. Hard to remember exact price but I got engine cleaned for $20 two years ago. They listed it at $25 but quickly dropped price to $20.

On driving I5 the only problem is if there is a problem with weather through the Siskiyou summit. They close the road if there is any accidents, Generally a big rig with crash, or if there is much snow they will also close the road. If the road will be closed for to long a time you may best to divert to Hy101. I have had to do that twice, once going south and once going north.

Generally no problem getting to Roseburg and once you are past Redding, Red Bluff you home free as far snow goes. If you can make Grants Pass or Yreka the first night and Bakersfield area the next you will be Vegas real quick. Take Hi58 from I5 to Bakersfield and over the Tehachapi Pass. There a neat Gas station in Mojave that has an indoor mall area with convenience stores in it.

Good luck and enjoy the drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.