1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Driving from Southern California to LV on Monday July 4th

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JWBlue, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For our LV trips we like our 1st night to be on a Monday.

This year our first night will be on Monday July 4th. We will be driving to LV leaving around 12:00 PM from Orange County. I know we will leave around 12:00 PM since we always leave for LV around that time.

Since the 4th is on a Monday we were assuming that most people would be driving to LV on Saturday or Sunday to make it a long weekend or even if driving on Monday beginning a lot earlier.

Is there a risk of running into heavy traffic or are our assumptions probably right?

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

You know the pass and the 15, you never can predict when someone is going to do something stupid, but I think the premise is logical. But if you are worried there is no law other than what looks like habit against getting going earlier. On most any SoCal highway, weekend/holiday road problems only get worse later in the day.

3. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear from someone else that my logic is sound.

Habits can be hard to break.

For anyone else reading and wondering about driving to LV on a holiday someone on another forum mentioned that people will usually leave town on the holiday.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

All holidays are not created equally when it comes to traffic generation. And compared to other getaway locales where you can expect rather even in/out traffic, Vegas is indeed an out place.

A drug addiction is a habit, just get up earlier.

5. Packer Backer

Packer Backer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think about 4 or 5 years ago we drove out to Vegas on a July 4th .. traffic was a breeze and there were no Big Rigs on the road at all that day.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.