1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Driving from McCarran Rental to MSS

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bobwerner, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobwerner

bobwerner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the easiest way to get from McCarran rental to Main Street Station? I've looked at Google maps and it wants to take me on I-15. While I'm not opposed to highways, I'd like to take some side streets so I can make a grocery stop on the way. I have to get Pepsi and maybe a bottle of Whiskey along the way. I'd like to get some fruit (apple, banana or such). I'll also need some bug spray and Suntan lotion.
    Any thoughts?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gosh... this is a tough one for me. Can you get all you need from a Whole Foods Mkt.? There's one of those in the front of Town Square Shopping Center, which is on Las Vegas Blvd. just north of the rental center.
    There's a CVS next to UNLV (across from the Hard Rock) that would have all you're looking for, but I'm I'm not sure they have bananas, apples, etc. There really isn't anything "on the way" the MSS unless you divert a ways out to the east on Eastern or go west on Flamingo, Sahara or Charleston several blocks from I-15.

3. NeonAndBeach

NeonAndBeach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit Vons at Trop and Maryland. Full service grocery store with food, liquor, suntan stuff, etc.

Go north on Maryland all the way to Fremont Street. Make a left, welcome to Downtown.

Maryland is a main artery, you'll pass a zillion restaurants, box stores, small stores, restaurants and everything else you would ever want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.