1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Driving from LA in March - What can I expect?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TommyG, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyG

TommyG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 families will be caravaning from LA to Las Vegas in later March 2016. Any suggestions or tips? Anything fun or exciting along the way, especially for kids and teens?

Related, what weather can we expect in later March? I'm hoping it will be warm and the pools will be open.

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

As a caravan with kids, it will probably take you 5 hours to drive to Vegas...I don't think you want to extend that drive with activities on the way. Not really anything along the way anyways. If you will be in LA for a few days, I would just take them to Universal or Disney.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

It's pretty much a drive to just get behind you. There is some great scenery to be found going a more circuitous route but that's not likely in your wheelhouse. Mitchell Caverns is reputed to be reopening this year, but that's a big detour. As a kid growing up in the '60s and '70s we went to Calico frequently; no idea how kitschy/ratty/commendable it would be these days.

4. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid driving up on a Friday at all costs. The traffic can be terrible.

Some pools will probably be open in March but not all of them. It's worth calling to verify. Websites may have misleading or incorrect information. It may be too cold to swim or it could be perfect.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.