1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown nightlife

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by VegasNewb007, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasNewb007

VegasNewb007 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi

Am thinking of playing some poker in the Golden Nugget during my holiday.

Does anybody know any good places to drink/go clubbing downtown? If there are any Karaoke or 80s/90s themed bars that would be great? Could be either weekday or weekend I dont mind.

Also, is it safe walking around downtown alone?

2. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several new bars down on Fremont St East, which look pretty lively, and seem fairly popular.

I'm sure there are some bars like that, so hopefully someone will be able to steer you in the right direction.

I've been staying down there for years, and am on crutches, or using a scooter if going too far. I've never had any issues, even though I'm often out and about until the very early hours.

As long as you don't go wandering off Fremont itself, I would say you're as safe as anywhere. That said, personally I wouldn't go too far past El Cortez late at night.

Double digits!
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately most of the clubs on Fremont St. East are more for the younger crowd so they don't play "oldies" music. They are also loud so bring your earplugs if excessive noise bothers you.

The plaza has a lounge that plays "oldies" type of music but no karaoke. Guess you can dance but I don't recall any area for dancing.

4. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm late forties. Me and the wife enjoy Don't Tell Mama. Its in the Fremont East section. Its a safe walk from Fremont.
    Its a piano bar where the bartenders take turns and sing. People from the crowd also sing.
    My wife was going to sing Crazy, but she chickened out because everyone was singing so good.
    They do songs from all decades and genres. Its Not a dueling piano bar; check out some of the clips on youtube to see if its for you.
    No cover, if you don't like it you just leave.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was at The Griffin, they were playing a lot of 80s music. And by 80s music I mean stuff like Echo and the Bunnymen, Simple Minds, Joy Division...

6. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost forgot the Rush Lounge at the Nugget, which has live music most evenings, I believe.

Double digits!
  7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might enjoy the Scintas at Plaza if you are there when they play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.