1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown Main Street road construction

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Buddha, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I would post an update on the Main Street road construction. At the beginning of our November trip, the east side of Main Street was still blocked of, as they put the finishing touches on the new lanes. A couple days later, everything was reversed, as the completed east side was opened up, with one lane in each direction, and the west side lanes were closed off to begin the tear-up on that side. This includes the area from Main Street Station down past the bus station, and at busy times, traffic was a nightmare.

2. bluesdude

bluesdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just thought I would post a few pics to help folks understand what is actually going on on Main Street. We were just there this weekend staying 4 nights at MSS. I snapped these with the intention of starting a thread but you beat me to it. I hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your post.

Attached Files:

3. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. They're still not done? The pics look not that much different than what I've seen on my trip this past August!

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  4. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, what you saw in August was the construction on the east-side lanes, with the old west-side lanes open (one north / one south).
    In early November, the east-side lanes were completed (one north / one south), and the construction began on the two west-side lanes.
    I'm hoping that "maybe" it will be all finished by April ... ????

5. bluesdude

bluesdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Close Buddha! I asked one of the workers and they said sometime in May. Jeez, that seems like a long time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.