1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown .. Fremont

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Robertintx, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How come no one ever mentions the Paradise Buffett when reviews come out ?
    IMO it is the best downtown buffett and the breakfast, with the omlet and egg bar, are wonderful.
    The rooms are small, but I'm alone so it doesn't bother me.
    Again, the Fremont is my favorite all around.

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could it be because the Paradise Buffet is sometimes hit or miss? It seems that way to me. At times it's great, especially for breakfast and sometimes it's not that good, like the last time I went for the seafood buffet.

The Fremont rooms are o.k. They are clean and modern but the bathrooms are tiny, which probably doesn't appeal to many. I'm fine with the rooms when traveling solo but if I'm with my wife we stay elsewhere because of the bathrooms.

The Fremont is a fun place to gamble and I always visit when in town. It has favorable low-minimum table games which I like, especially craps.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

The Fremont buffet gets an occasional mention, bit the downtown buffet scene pales greatly to what is offered off-Strip and of course, on the Strip.
    I am a fellow Fremont fan, having eaten there many a time and certainly favoring it over Main Street and Golden Nugget.
    It is one of my favorite rooms to dine in and the service is outstanding. Seafood night is a lot of fun and the other meals are value-laden. Haven't been to brunch in awhile, but it was a steal at $10.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had lunch at the Fremont's buffet and I was perfectly happy with it. I loved the room, they haven't changed the decor since the 1980's. It's like Magnum P.I. in there. Love-it.

5. robron

robron Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always go to the Fremont Buffet for breakfast every time we go to Vegas. I have always wanted to try the seafood buffet but hubby isn't a real big seafood fan. This is probably a stupid question but do they have a lot of other choices besides seafood at the seafood buffet?

6. RonDiaz

RonDiaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to the Paradise Buffet about half a dozen times but everytime left wishing I had just gone to MSS buffet instead. I am not sure what it is, I feel like there is a better selection, of slightly better food at MSS buffet. I have not done the breakfast buffet at Fremont, only Lunch/Dinner, as I usually stay at MSS and eat breakfast (or 8am 4th meal) at the buffet there. I believe value-wise it is not bad and I have also had fine service. Just always felt the MSS buffet was a little better. My 2c and thanks for posting, always love downtown discussion.

7. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    robron,
    yes they have a good selection of other foods on seafood night. i just happen to enjoy the sea food.

8. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lola is correct, I get the Magnum P.I. vibe as well. I prefer the breakfast buffet, omlets to order, lots of fresh fruit and a reasonable price. I also really like the huge booths where I can stretch out and read my morning papers.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paradise Buffet is great, i eat there multiple times every trip.

the room at MSS is way nicer but the food is better quality at Fremont.

My last trip a few weeks ago the buffet was closed for its annual redo or whatever it was. Had to eat at MSS every day but no loss, nice place. Still would rather have eaten at Fremont.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people aren't into the dim "tropical" environment. Some of my friends don't like the fremont buffet because it is so dim in the outlying tables, they can't really see what they are eating. When I eat there I usually request a table near the buffet area, at least it is lit enough so you can see all the food you are eating. One friend wasn't sure if they dust their tropical plastic plants regularly so was worried about the dust and dirt factor falling on your plate, table and seat. I personally didn't see or feel dirt or dust or feel the place was dirtier than other buffets.

On the other hand, the MSS buffet is bright and well lit all over. But then I like the Fremont buffet and usually will eat a breakfast there at least once when I visit vegas.

11. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    l:rolleyes2:
    just too funny, dust and dirt on the tables..
    do you really think they would cater to orientals or hawi. folks if it was dirty ?

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    but then does anyone really check to see how clean the place is? I doubt the tables will be dirty but we all see fake plants in other places that look like they have never been cleaned. Like I said, I never had a problem with the place or seen dirt but my friend doesn't feel like the place was clean with its "jungle" setting. I have to agree, that is a lot of plastic that has to be cleaned regularly so it is possible that the place could be dirty (hopefully they clean the place regularly, esp the plants).

13. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or maybe its.... Magnum, G.I.

heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.