1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown and all around couponing for daughter's 21st Bday 5/24-5/30

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mwig, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My reports typically involve coupon use, VP, a little food and not much else. This trip will be more of the same but with my daughter that just turned 21 in tow. Our present to her (in addition to the actual trip) was a couple of coupon books and an offer to fund her gambling for the week. We will be tracking results and she will keep any profit she makes. If her trip results in a loss, she is out nothing. Our intention is to spend some time with our little girl before she is truly on her own and to show her how we have done Vegas for all these years. Should be a good one.....

Itinerary:

3 nights at Golden Nugget (Double booked MSS due to an offer)
    4 nights at Sam's Town

Meals:

MSS has cut way back on my offers but we have two $20 vouchers and will be relying heavily on coupons for the first few days. We also have $55 in food available on our D offers between the two of us. Once we get to Sam's Town we have a gold card which is good for all meals at any restaurant. It's only for two people but between apps, entrees and desserts I'm sure we will have plenty.

Transportation:

We are renting a car from dollar. The rates were higher than I've seen them in years. Holiday weekend maybe? Not sure but we bounce around way too much to not have a car.

Gambling:

We plan to chase as many promos and use as many coupons as we can. For example, after grabbing the car we will head to South point. We have a coupon that awards a lunch buffet for 300 points earned. Great deal BUT they also have a swipe promo running. For the same 300 points you get a swipe and spin with a variety of awards. The last time we did this we both got $50 free play.

Between the three of us we have the following offers (ACG, LVA, MyVegas and mailers)

$690 Match plays
    $970 Free play
    2-1 first BJ, push on 22, $5 per 100 points at the D not included (harder to quantify)
    7x points at MSS on 5/24-5/25
    2x pts at Four Queens up to 500 for each of us

Wrapping it up:

We will see if my daughter is willing to sit and play or if she wants to spend some time at the pool. Either way I think this will be a fun trip and I will update with pics via tapatalk as things develop. Although we are staying at Golden Nugget on an offer I plan to cash out my $40 free play and stiff them. There is truly nothing playable there any more. We are not staying at 4 Queens but plan to put in some play and eat at Hugo's one night since we have some free play and 2x pt coupons.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like the way I used to do trips!!! Have a great time, be patient, and make the most of your coupons!!

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! And glad to hear you're sticking it to the "Smug Nugget".

4. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

On our way!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

5. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uneventful first stop at South Point. We walked out dead even plus a $25 South Point gift card after earning the points for our lunch buffets. My daughter is up 10 which is what she cares most about

6. benbrownjr

benbrownjr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol at your daughter. Reminds me of my first trip but it was $10 in nickels in a cup.

7. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to this! We'll be doing a similar 21st birthday trip with our daughter in a couple months.

I bet your daughter's thrilled she's up $10! Those first trips are something special. Good luck to you guys!

8. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I forgot to take a pic of my quad aces on double bonus. I'm an idiot. It was my only really notable hand today. We checked in at the nugget and ran my free play once cashing out abou 70. Went to MSS to run a bunch of pts on a 7x multiplier. Ran though 10,000 base points hitting about 60% of the quads you should hit on that many hands. Thanks to flopped full houses, I survived with a minimal loss. This could have been a brutal start. My daughter signed up and got $10 free play but still lost at MSS. She was super nervous about a $10 match play at the nugget. I forget how intimidating those tables are initially. Anyway, she had a 15 against the dealers 8. Reluctantly hits and gets a 5 for a nice first ever hand at a table game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morning update. Better so far. 7x points at mss again today and using beeakfast buffet coupons for all three. Taking pics with selfie cam because my real camera shattered somehow. Can't place when that might have happened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ended up doing a lot of downtown coupons today. We all 3 won ojr matchplays at all stops. Plaza, golden gate and binions for bj. We did the swipe and win promo at binions. 300 points each for max swipes. I got the most value out of that promo with $25 promo chips and $50 free slot play. We turned in a coupon at the d for $5 per 50 points and aboht a quarter done with more play tomorrow. My daughter hit quad deuces on deuces wild and quad aces on bonus so she is quickly getting acclimated.

11. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spent the day at the D. Table game coupons went well. The $5 per 50 point coupon did not. Not a terrible loss but down some. Got pancakes at dupars for breakfast with a 25 point coupon and picked up $10 free play each at el cortez. Walked with 60 after the wife hot a wild royal. It's a shame 8/5 bonus is the best remaining game at the D. A few pics from today. The broken camera is impacting my pics.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    keep it up!
    pics look fine to me!

Palace Tower Suite!
  13. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 deuces on quarters already? Why can't I have that luck? Lol I'm 0 for lifetime on 4 deuces with at least a couple of cycles of quarter play. Doh!

Be warned her winning will get her more hooked. But then again I lost to start and was still hooked...

And the pics look fine to me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving the couponing and working the promos. Sounds like everyone is having a good time.

15. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coupons at downtown grand went well. Played at 4 queens today. My wife and I both won some. My daughter lost and decided that she likes winning better. Lol. I hit this on my free play first thing:

[​IMG]

Breakfast at magnolias. A little CTG yum for flusher:

[​IMG]

Dinner at Hugos Cellar tonight. Spoiling her with Andiamos last night.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coupons at sunset station, palace station, longhorn and the Orleans all went well tonight. I actually warned my daughter not to always expect rhis level of success. We have played match plays at a lot of places now and i can only remember three lost hands. I've been playing these for years and this run has been amazing. Hugos was good as always. Love the atmosphere there. Tomorrow we are starting with the cheap poker tourny at Sams town to let my daughter play live for the first time. She has played with family on numerous occasions.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe your daughter is a lucky charm! ;)

18. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No luck in the poker tourny but hit this while waiting for my girls at Sams town

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit! I love those two machines by the poker room..but they generate TERRIBLE theo.

Palace Tower Suite!
  20. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have enough experience here to know about the theo. All I know from firsthand is that i played that machine for 1 day at 10k coin in that generated the gold card offer we are on. Doubt that halpend again but its nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.